Import Excel with ODBC Drivers and DSN-less connection
Author Message
 Import Excel with ODBC Drivers and DSN-less connection

I have to script the process of importing data from a specific spreadsheet
into two tables in the current database. Access 2000 on 2000 Professional

The Name and network location of the Excel file will change.
I have tested and succeeded using Named Ranges in Excel and an OBDC source
to import the tables.
Can I create a DSN-less connection in Access to an Excel file.
    I can specify the Excel File name and network location?
    I will use the Windows Open dialog box go get the file path? (Hooray for
www.mvps.org/access)

I have done something similar using VBScript recently to connect to Sybase
ASA 5 database over ADO but cant work out how to do the same in MS Access to
an excel file with named ranges defined.

TIA

Gavin

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 02:37:08 GMT
 Import Excel with ODBC Drivers and DSN-less connection
The easiest way may be to actually link the first Excel
wsheet. Have a form in which the punter can open a file
dialog & select the new file & then you do a re-link.
If you are not sure on the file dialo or re-linking there
are very good knowledgebase articles on each
HTH
Terry

Quote:

Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:52:19 GMT

1. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

2. Need DSN'less connection to Client Access ODBC Driver

3. DSN-less text driver connection??

4. DSN less connection to server error IM012 Driver keyword syntax error

5. DSN-less text driver connection??

6. DSN-less ODBC Connections (Oracle)

7. DSN-less ODBC connection to SQL Server

8. ODBC Settings for an ADO DSN less connection

9. DSN-Less vs ODBC Connection

10. DSN-less ODBC connection to SQL Server

11. DSN-less connection in Excel causing problems...

12. performance different between DSN to DSN-Less Connection