Keyboard Shortcut for Custom Button
Author Message
 Keyboard Shortcut for Custom Button

Can anyone tell me how to assign a Keyboard shortcut to a custom button in
Outlook 2000.

I'm able to assign an ALT+[letter] shortcut to the button by naming it with
the "&" in the right place.

Can I assign a CTRL+[letter] or a CTRL+ALT+[letter] shortcut to it.

By the way, the button in question launches a VBA procedure which I've
written and stored in the ThisOutlookSession module so if there's a way to
assign a shortcut directly to that Macro procedure, then I don't even need
the button.

Thanks in advance.

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard Shortcut for Custom Button
No, you're limited to just the Alt shortcuts, because it's a toolbar button.
Outlook doesn't support global keyboard or macro shortcuts like Word does.

Please do not crosspost.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of

> Can anyone tell me how to assign a Keyboard shortcut to a custom button in
> Outlook 2000.

> I'm able to assign an ALT+[letter] shortcut to the button by naming it
with
> the "&" in the right place.

> Can I assign a CTRL+[letter] or a CTRL+ALT+[letter] shortcut to it.

> By the way, the button in question launches a VBA procedure which I've
> written and stored in the ThisOutlookSession module so if there's a way to
> assign a shortcut directly to that Macro procedure, then I don't even need
> the button.

> Thanks in advance.

Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Custom button on form, want shortcut (Caption: &Save)

2. how to add tooltips to custom buttons on custom toolbar

3. Custom Command Button or Custom Label

4. Open a custom form with a module-button (not a toolbar button)

5. Help: PowerPoint97 Keyboard Shortcuts

6. Keyboard shortcut for Outlook add-in

7. define keyboard shortcuts

8. Linking keyboard shortcut to VBA Macro??

9. Keyboard shortcuts?

10. How to add a keyboard shortcut?

11. Macro keyboard shortcut problem

12. SendKeys snubs keyboard shortcuts?