How to access embedded appointments in appointment
Author Message
 How to access embedded appointments in appointment

I am trying to access embedded appointments in an appointment by using
GetItemFromID but I could not find EntryID of the embedded appointments.

Is there any way I can find EntryID of them so I can use GetItemFromID?

Thanks

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 05:28:36 GMT
 How to access embedded appointments in appointment
Embedded messages do not have an entry id, they only exist in the context of
the parent message.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> I am trying to access embedded appointments in an appointment by using
> GetItemFromID but I could not find EntryID of the embedded appointments.

> Is there any way I can find EntryID of them so I can use GetItemFromID?

> Thanks

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 06:12:45 GMT
 How to access embedded appointments in appointment
Then how can I access embedded appointment item through outlook object
model?
I am trying to get all the properties in embbed appointment item.
Quote:

>Embedded messages do not have an entry id, they only exist in the context of
>the parent message.

>Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>http://www.dimastr.com/
>OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
>and MAPI Developer Tool

>>I am trying to access embedded appointments in an appointment by using
>>GetItemFromID but I could not find EntryID of the embedded appointments.

>>Is there any way I can find EntryID of them so I can use GetItemFromID?

>>Thanks

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 06:21:35 GMT
 How to access embedded appointments in appointment
You can't - the best you can do is to save it as an MSG file and try to open
it.
If you want to access it directly, you need either Extended MAPI or
Redemption.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Quote:
> Then how can I access embedded appointment item through outlook object
> model?
> I am trying to get all the properties in embbed appointment item.

> >Embedded messages do not have an entry id, they only exist in the context
of
> >the parent message.

> >Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >http://www.dimastr.com/
> >OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> >and MAPI Developer Tool

> >>I am trying to access embedded appointments in an appointment by using
> >>GetItemFromID but I could not find EntryID of the embedded appointments.

> >>Is there any way I can find EntryID of them so I can use GetItemFromID?

> >>Thanks

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:55:28 GMT

1. Progamatically accessing appointment item as an embedded attachment

2. Automate appending appointment location to appointment subject

3. Deleting Embedded Appointments (Attachments) from Contact

4. Add Appointment to Outlook from Access

5. Deleting Outlook Appointment thru Access

6. Outlook -- New Appointments from Access

7. Accessing and inserting shared Appointment

8. Accessing appointment items

9. Cannot access Start and End fields of Appointment

10. Accessing Appointment Date Fields

11. Getting Access to Tasks and Appointments with Visual Basic

12. trying to access appointment fields with vba