Database object not recognized
Author Message
 Database object not recognized

I am simply opening up a recordset from a linked table
from another mdb. Easy huh? Well, when I "Dim db as
Database" the Database object is not recognized! HELP!

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:04:20 GMT
 Database object not recognized
I guess you are using A2K or AXP.

Your code was written for DAO.  A2K and AXP default to  ADO, not DAO
which A97 defaults to.  To use your code, you should:

*  Add the DAO 3.6 Object Library into the References Collection of your
Database.

* Move DAO in the References Dialog so that it has higher Priority than ADO.

* Better still, remove ADO from the References if you are not using it (if
you don't know it, you are not using it).

* For sturdy code, you should disambiguate Recordset in your Dim statement
like

    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset

There are some other Objects you should do the same (Field, Property, etc
...)

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

--
HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:
> I am simply opening up a recordset from a linked table
> from another mdb. Easy huh? Well, when I "Dim db as
> Database" the Database object is not recognized! HELP!

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:44:34 GMT

1. Does not recognize database objects

2. DAO objects not recognized in modules?

3. workspace object not recognized?

4. OLE Object not recognized

5. Database and rdoConnection types not recognized

6. Getting at database objects, not DAO, in an access database through code

7. Not recognizing object "Database" in VBA Access 2000

8. ahtCommonFileOpenSave not recognized

9. User defined function not recognized

10. Trim Function Not Recognized?

11. function names not recognized in Access 97

12. Format function not recognized