Calling module in a Database from another Database!
Author Message
 Calling module in a Database from another Database!

Mike,

Once you have set the reference, you can call any procedure in worldwide.mdb
as if it were in overall.mdb (provided of course you have public functions
in your code)

Function mp()
        sRunCARmp()
End function

Cheers,

Peter

Quote:
> In Access, I have been trying to call a module in one of my
> databases called Mckinsey worldwide.mdb from another one of
> my databases called Overall.mdb. I have been refered
> previously to reference Mckinsey worldwide.mdb in my
> Overall.mdb. I attached a document showing how I did that.
> I am still having problems calling it. Would you be able to
> help call it?

> Thank You,
> Mike

Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:50:57 GMT
 Calling module in a Database from another Database!

Quote:

>In Access, I have been trying to call a module in one of my
>databases called Mckinsey worldwide.mdb from another one of
>my databases called Overall.mdb. I have been refered
>previously to reference Mckinsey worldwide.mdb in my
>Overall.mdb.

To add to Peters comments there are some quirks when it comes to MDEs.

An MDE can't reference an MDB.   And you can't update the referenced
MDE without also updating the calling MDE.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:32:45 GMT

1. Calling a module in another database?

2. Form call function in module of another database

3. Calling Module In A different Access97 Database And....

4. Call module functions from outside of module?

5. Deleting Module in remote database

6. Referencing Modules from another Access Database

7. corrupted database - trying to extract a module

8. Deleting Modules and Macros from a DIFFERENT database

9. Open an database from a module

10. access - sharing modules among databases

11. Modules - Can't use DATABASE object

12. Module is Empty upon Database Conversion to MSAccess2000