Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method
Author Message
 Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method

How can I get a fileopen dialog box so I can search for a file that I will
only READ from? This will be done in an MS  Word 2000 VBA Macro.

Carl

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:25:08 GMT
 Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method

Quote:
> How can I get a fileopen dialog box so I can search for a file that I
will
> only READ from? This will be done in an MS  Word 2000 VBA Macro.

> Carl

Also, how to you loop throught the file and tell when you have hit the
EOF?

Carl

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:35:00 GMT
 Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method

Quote:
> Also, how to you loop throught the file and tell when you have hit the
> EOF?

You're gonna think I'm pulling your leg, but:

While not EOF(file)
    ' Do stuff
Wend

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:12:46 GMT
 Using the FileOpen dialog to find a file to open so I can use ReadLine method
If  you use the ...dialog.Display method, Word will not open the file but
return name and path for you to use.

Lars.

Quote:
> How can I get a fileopen dialog box so I can search for a file that I will
> only READ from? This will be done in an MS  Word 2000 VBA Macro.

> Carl

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:03:19 GMT

1. Open a text file and edit using ReadLine method

2. Using the FileOpen dialog box

4. fast readLine() using readFile() - scanning a file for vbCrLf

5. Using the common dialog "Open file"

6. Using a standard "File open" dialog

7. Opening a file using the proprietary application from With Dialogs(wdDialogFileOpen)

8. problem determining file to open using common dialog box

9. error 32765 when using common dialog file open

10. Opening text file in a text box using common dialog

11. Multi-select file open dialog using dlgobjs.dll

12. problems determining file to open using common dialog box