Excel 2000 enable/disable macros
Author Message
 Excel 2000 enable/disable macros

I have an Excel 2000 workbook that contains command buttons and VBA code. If
a user chooses "Disable macros" while opening the workbook, he/she can
easily delete the command buttons (the code is password protected) and save
the changes. If I want to leave the macro security at the default medium
level, is there a way to prevent the workbook from opening and display a
message if he/she should choose to disable macros?
Thanks

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:53:54 GMT
 Excel 2000 enable/disable macros
Use an Open event to display workbook functionality; otherwise, keep it
hidden.

--
David Hager
Excel MVP

Quote:

>I have an Excel 2000 workbook that contains command buttons and vba code.
If
>a user chooses "Disable macros" while opening the workbook, he/she can
>easily delete the command buttons (the code is password protected) and save
>the changes. If I want to leave the macro security at the default medium
>level, is there a way to prevent the workbook from opening and display a
>message if he/she should choose to disable macros?
>Thanks

Tue, 03 Aug 2004 05:48:04 GMT

1. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

2. disable the enable/disable macro message

3. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

4. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

5. VBS Script to Enable/Disable Network Cards in Win 2000/XP

6. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

7. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

8. Excel 2000 crashes when running macros created in Excel 97

9. Macro access 2000 / excel 2000

10. How to enable macros? - Word 2000

11. How to enable macros in Word 2000???

12. HOw to enable macros in Word 2000???