Exporting a 3 decimal number to text file produces trunc 2 decimal text number
Author Message
 Exporting a 3 decimal number to text file produces trunc 2 decimal text number

Field1 is defined as number, double, 3 decimal places.  The value is
"17.219".  When I export this to a text file, it becomes "17.21".

How do I get "17.219"?

Many thanks,
Margaret

--
Note the anti-spam return address.  Remove the NoSpam part.

Mon, 08 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Exporting a 3 decimal number to text file produces trunc 2 decimal text number
I've found that the only way I could accurately control what showed up
in a text export was to build a query based on the correct data, which
pre-converts everything to string format.  In other words, the
non-string fields all end up being:
    Format$(myfield,"myformat")

Your issue is that the export spec probably has a default set up for
only bringing 2 decimals over.  This unfortunately plays into the export
in ways I couldn't predict, so I would use Format$(yourfld,"##.000") in
your case, to make sure it always end up with the right decimals.

Hope that helps.

Quote:

> Field1 is defined as number, double, 3 decimal places.  The value is
> "17.219".  When I export this to a text file, it becomes "17.21".

> How do I get "17.219"?

> Many thanks,
> Margaret

> --
> Note the anti-spam return address.  Remove the NoSpam part.

--
-----------------------------------
Matthew Miller

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. convert label caption text to decimal number

2. Export decimal numbers

3. Rounding number up to a given number of decimals

4. Getting the number of decimal places from a number

5. convert a decimal number to fraction.

6. Convert decimals to whole numbers

7. Need help in management of dewey decimal numbers.

8. decimals in number field

9. Double with a fixed number of decimals????

10. Limit number of decimal places

11. numbers with decimals , or .

12. Removing Decimal Points from Numbers