Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage
Author Message
 Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

I have a Word 2000 template containing some macros and a userform. It works
fine from one computer (where it was created) but when we try to open a
document based on this template on another computer, it gives the error in
subject.

As per the documentation, there should be no euro character used in module,
procedure, or macro name but anyway, it works fine on one computer??

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Raj

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:10:08 GMT
 Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage
This may be caused by a corrupted document. In so, the solution is to export
all the forms an modules , then import them into a new "clean" template. I
have also found that, in some weird cases, using Payne Consulting's VB
Cleaner can also sort out some problems.

See also Microsoft Knowledgebase articles Q212669 and Q224338".

Hope this helps you.

StephenC

Rajkumar Ramrakhyani"

Quote:

> I have a Word 2000 template containing some macros and a userform. It
works
> fine from one computer (where it was created) but when we try to open a
> document based on this template on another computer, it gives the error in
> subject.

> As per the documentation, there should be no euro character used in
module,
> procedure, or macro name but anyway, it works fine on one computer??

> Any suggestions on this?

> Thanks,

> Raj

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:02:13 GMT
 Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage
We ran into the same error when attempting to use a document template
created in Word 2000 on a machine running Word 97.

The answer was to create a new document template with W97 and then import
the macros from the W2K template.

Hope this helps,
Brian

Quote:
> I have a Word 2000 template containing some macros and a userform. It
works
> fine from one computer (where it was created) but when we try to open a
> document based on this template on another computer, it gives the error in
> subject.

> As per the documentation, there should be no euro character used in
module,
> procedure, or macro name but anyway, it works fine on one computer??

> Any suggestions on this?

> Thanks,

> Raj

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:43:49 GMT

1. error 5981 - could not open macro storage

2. 5981 could not open macro storage error

3. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage

4. 5981 error, "Cannot open macro storage"

5. "Run-time error 5981, Could not open macro storage."

6. Could not open macro storage error '5981' - one cure

7. Error 5981 'Could not open macro storage'

8. Could not open macro storage error: 5891

9. error - Could not open macro storage

10. Could not open macro storage error.

11. could not open macro storage

12. Could Not Open Macro Storage