Calling a Dial Up Networking connection
Author Message
 Calling a Dial Up Networking connection

Hello, I am designing an interface for a remote client that will attach to
data at my office via a dial up networking connection.  In the past I have
simply put the dial up icon on their desktop and told them to dial in
before they open the database.  Now I want to get a little more elegant
than that.  I am picturing a Switchboard-type startup form with one option
(or the only option, initially) to "Connect to Network".  My question
is---How do I call a Win95 dial up networking session from within Access95?
 I have used a lot of VBA code in the past, but never got into calling
API's or anything.  Any help would be apprectiated.

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Calling a Dial Up Networking connection

Try shell command with rasdial
like
 path = "c:\winnt\system32\rasdial.exe " & Chr(34) & "(name of dial-in
link)" & Chr(34)
 x = Shell(path, vbMinimizedNoFocus)
 to establish connection

use
rasdial.exe / d to disconnect

hope this helps

Frank

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Detecting dial-up networking connection status

2. disconnecting from dial up networking connection

3. dial up networking connection

4. Dial-Up Networking connection

5. Closing a Dial up Networking Connection

6. Get list of dial up network connections

7. Starting Dial-Up network connection from VB ???

8. Q: how to close dial-up networking connection?

9. WINDOWS95 DIAL-UP NETWORKING CONNECTION

10. Closing a Dial up Networking Connection?

11. Dial Up Networking Profiles/Automatic Connection

12. Dial-up networking connections