Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.
Author Message
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

Hi,
I develop a Excel file contain VBA code for my office. It
runs fine in my computer. But when I test I another
computer, It gives compiler error: Left$, Right$ function
unknoun.

Please help me.....Thanks

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 02:21:17 GMT
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I develop a Excel file contain VBA code for my office. It
> runs fine in my computer. But when I test I another
> computer, It gives compiler error: Left$, Right$ function
> unknoun.

Try just Left, Right.

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 04:03:20 GMT
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.
This sounds like that the code won't compile on that machine.   The usual
cause is that one of the references (Tools | References) is defunked.
Check them out there and then it ought to work.

I see this quite a lot.

Malc
  www.dragondrop.com

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 04:24:00 GMT
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.
Chris

Left() and Right() are fine if you are handling Variants; but what if
you're handling strings?    Then Left$() and Right$() is what one should
be using.

If parts of the compiler starts to drop off I would think that the best
plan is to solve the problem rather than to recode the program to skirt
around a decomposing installation.

Regards
  Malc
  www.dragondrop.com

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 04:24:00 GMT
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.
Malc,

Thanks very much for your help. I checked the References
and look like all necessary references are there. Can you
tell me the name of reference for these "Left" and "Right"
funcations.

Thanks Again.

Stone.

Quote:

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 05:03:29 GMT
 Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.
Stone:

See the following page at Doug Steele's web site for a "quick fix" in addition
to a much more detailed explanation of the problem and troubleshooting tips:

http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html

--
Bruce M. Thompson, Microsoft Access MVP

Quote:
>>No Email, Please. Keep all communications

    within the newsgroups so that all might benefit.<<

Quote:
> Malc,

> Thanks very much for your help. I checked the References
> and look like all necessary references are there. Can you
> tell me the name of reference for these "Left" and "Right"
> funcations.

... <snip>

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 06:40:30 GMT

1. Problems with Right and Left functions - Functions MISSING!!!

2. String extract functions, left,right.mid don't work

3. Help: right/left functions.

4. Mid, Left, Right String functions fail if any library is missing

5. RIGHT() and LEFT() functions

6. Issue with Left() and Right() functions.

7. Problems with Right and Left functions - source discovered!!

8. Problems with Right and Left functions..

9. LEFT,RIGHT, and MID Functions

10. Undefined function Right, left, trim

11. Use Left/Right Function

12. Commad button icons in the left/right corner, not centre