beginner question : user-defined function
Author Message
 beginner question : user-defined function

Hi,

I'm just starting programming VBA with Access2K and I'm getting mad at
trying to make my own functions...
Here's the goal : I wanna make a "validation rule" function for a field of a
table.
1) I get a compilation error when I try to use a "Database" object in my
module (something like "keyword not defined")
2) In the expression builder I cannot see my function (even when I make
function that compiles)

I've been trying to find some help in Access2k help... but in vain....
Thanks in advance.

Michel

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 beginner question : user-defined function
I am not familiar with Acc2000 but in Acc97 User Defined Functions are
not allowed on field validation rules.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm just starting programming VBA with Access2K and I'm getting mad at
> trying to make my own functions...
> Here's the goal : I wanna make a "validation rule" function for a
field of a
> table.
> 1) I get a compilation error when I try to use a "Database" object in
my
> module (something like "keyword not defined")
> 2) In the expression builder I cannot see my function (even when I
make
> function that compiles)

> I've been trying to find some help in Access2k help... but in vain....
> Thanks in advance.

> Michel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Question about passing user-defined type to a function

2. Functions - User Defined Functions

3. Beginner - Error User-Undefined Type not defined

4. User-defined error when the user doesn't define any errors

5. User Control - User-defined type not defined

6. User Defined Functions

7. Handling Nulls in User-Defined Functions

8. Pass ParamArray to User Defined Function

9. User defined function not recognized

10. User-defined functions suddenly aren't recognized

11. User-defined Function Procedure in Access Query

12. Access97: User defined variant function treated as string in query