Shape Sheet - Custom Properties
Author Message
 Shape Sheet - Custom Properties

I am trying to create a master that, when you drag it
onto the page, references another master (already on
page) in order to obtain information. The problem that I
am having is this: I go to the shape sheet, enter the
formulas into the custom properties > value column so the
master knows where to get this information. This is my
syntax: Header.16!Prop.Permanent_Store_Id
All of the formulas are accepted as being correct and I
return to the visio doc. However, when I drag and drop
the master that I just edited, it doesn't pull the data
from the specified location, but rather uses default
values. After returning to the shape sheet I find the
formulas that I previously entered have been replaced by
Ref()'s. I would imagine that this is the reason for the
master not being able to pull the data from another
master... i guess my question is, how do i keep my
formulas from changing to Ref()'s???
thx!

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:31:12 GMT
 Shape Sheet - Custom Properties
When editing the master and placing formulas in the
shapesheet, the "GUARD" function prevents data from being
changed.

However, If I can make a suggestion, to dynamically link
properties to another shape when dragged onto page, I
would create USER DEFINED CELL References to capture data
and call these in code if you need output.

But I don't know your complete application process so
again just a suggestion.

Mark

Quote:

Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:22:59 GMT
 Shape Sheet - Custom Properties
I'm not sure I follow all your steps but it sounds like you are dragging a
master from a stencil to a drawing.  If this is the case you will not be
able to put a reference into the master because Visio cannot reference
objects in another document.  The stencil and drawing are different
documents.  Once the master is dropped into the document, you could set up
the reference manually or via code.

--
Mark Nelson
Microsoft Corporation

> When editing the master and placing formulas in the
> shapesheet, the "GUARD" function prevents data from being
> changed.

> However, If I can make a suggestion, to dynamically link
> properties to another shape when dragged onto page, I
> would create USER DEFINED CELL References to capture data
> and call these in code if you need output.

> But I don't know your complete application process so
> again just a suggestion.

> Mark

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:38:24 GMT

1. Dropping shapes through VBA with shape Custom Properties setting ASK =True

2. VB6: Property Sheets Bug?, Custom Controls and properties

3. Property Sheet of custom ActiveX Controls

4. dropping shapes w/ custom properties HELP

5. Setting shape custom prop to page's property

6. custom properties when adding a shape

7. updating custom properties in a shape

8. Q: Property Sheets / Property Page How to

9. Custom Property changes in Custom Outlook Form

10. Properties Property for a Custom Class

11. Custom DB properties and Document Properties (A97)

12. Custom Property Editors within the Property Grid