Protect Document Option Unavailable
Author Message
 Protect Document Option Unavailable

Hi,

I'm trying to protect a form document via the "protect
document" option under the "tools" menu.  I can insert and
delete form fields and checkboxes, but when I try to
protect the document that option is "greyed out" and I
can't select it.  Any ideas?  I'm using Word 2000 and have
used the document protection for forms before with success.

Thanks,

Matt

Sat, 30 Apr 2005 05:07:57 GMT
 Protect Document Option Unavailable
Are you sure that you have exited the design mode when trying to protect the
form document ? While still in design mode, you cannot.

/BosseH

Quote:
> Hi,

> I'm trying to protect a form document via the "protect
> document" option under the "tools" menu.  I can insert and
> delete form fields and checkboxes, but when I try to
> protect the document that option is "greyed out" and I
> can't select it.  Any ideas?  I'm using Word 2000 and have
> used the document protection for forms before with success.

> Thanks,

> Matt

Mon, 02 May 2005 07:06:30 GMT
 Protect Document Option Unavailable
That fixed it...thanks for your help.

Matt

Quote:

meddelandet

>> Hi,

>> I'm trying to protect a form document via the "protect
>> document" option under the "tools" menu.  I can insert
and
>> delete form fields and checkboxes, but when I try to
>> protect the document that option is "greyed out" and I
>> can't select it.  Any ideas?  I'm using Word 2000 and
have
>> used the document protection for forms before with
success.

>> Thanks,

>> Matt

>.

Fri, 13 May 2005 22:39:36 GMT

1. Protect list box without protecting entire document?

2. Protected Form and still have access to some options

3. Reading back protected (-P option) GW Basic programs???

4. "Ask" field and protecting a document

5. print envelope in a protected document

6. Using the same password as the logged user's to protect the document

7. protecting a picture in a word document

8. URGENT: Error when assigning long strings to Form Fields in a protected Word document

9. How to protect a document from VBA?

10. Programatically protecting a Visio Document

11. Getting the text out of a FormField in a protected document

12. On exit event in protected document skipped?