disabling the macro security to execute a macro
Author Message
 disabling the macro security to execute a macro

I've word XP and have a VB program who access  word through the
Word.Application object.
This program open a word file and then execute a macro who is in this word
file.
The problem is that the security are set to high and then I can't execute
it...
I was thinking about setting the security to low through the word object
    AppWord.automationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow
then run the macro and set the security level back to high but in doesn't
work

Any idea how to come around this problem without having digitaly signed
macro..

Thanks for your help

Michel

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:51:25 GMT
 disabling the macro security to execute a macro
Hi, Michel,

If it was possible for any outside program or script to turn off Word's
automation security, then it wouldn't be secure at all. This behavior is
definitely "by design".

Why do you object to digitally signing your macro?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:

> I've word XP and have a VB program who access  word through the
> Word.Application object.
> This program open a word file and then execute a macro who is in this
> word file.
> The problem is that the security are set to high and then I can't
> execute it...
> I was thinking about setting the security to low through the word
> object     AppWord.automationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow
> then run the macro and set the security level back to high but in
> doesn't work

> Any idea how to come around this problem without having digitaly
> signed macro..

> Thanks for your help

> Michel

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:52:28 GMT
 disabling the macro security to execute a macro
Put the macro code inside your VB application. Anything you can do in a
macro you can do from VB as a method of the Word application.

Quote:
> I've word XP and have a VB program who access  word through the
> Word.Application object.
> This program open a word file and then execute a macro who is in this word
> file.
> The problem is that the security are set to high and then I can't execute
> it...
> I was thinking about setting the security to low through the word object
>     AppWord.automationSecurity = msoAutomationSecurityLow
> then run the macro and set the security level back to high but in doesn't
> work

> Any idea how to come around this problem without having digitaly signed
> macro..

> Thanks for your help

> Michel

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:28:18 GMT

1. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

2. disabling the macro security to execute a macro

3. Annoying security Macros Enable/Disable when starting Outlook

4. Macro disabled under low security

5. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

6. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

7. disable the enable/disable macro message

8. outlook vba code loss bug & macro security

9. Outlook2002 Security & Macro's

10. Security dialog when running local macros

11. Understanding the macro security in VB Script - same code causes different reaction

12. Can not access Macros, Security or VBA Editor in Outlook2002 - PLEASE HELP