Importing Text files with VBA code
Author Message
 Importing Text files with VBA code

Hi all,
       Does anyone know how to import a text file that is Tab delimited
with VBA code? I tried this...

docmd.transfertext _
Transfertype:=acimportdelim
(the rest is just to what table and what file to use)

The only way I could get this particular command to work is if I
changed the way I saved the file. I am using Excel to generate my
original data, I then save it as a tab delimited text file. This does
not work. If I change what I do to saving the file as a comma delimited
file the command imports the information 100%.. Do I need to tell
access that I am importing a Tab delimited, not comma? Please help I am
confused.

Thanks,
Kent Lindeman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 03 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importing Text files with VBA code
Run the wizard and cretae a  spec there..... thats how you can specify
details about the file.

--
MichKa
(insensitive fruitarian)

random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
54-language TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
and lots of replication "stuff" at the (no scripts required!)
http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:

> Hi all,
>        Does anyone know how to import a text file that is Tab delimited
> with VBA code? I tried this...

> docmd.transfertext _
> Transfertype:=acimportdelim
> (the rest is just to what table and what file to use)

> The only way I could get this particular command to work is if I
> changed the way I saved the file. I am using Excel to generate my
> original data, I then save it as a tab delimited text file. This does
> not work. If I change what I do to saving the file as a comma delimited
> file the command imports the information 100%.. Do I need to tell
> access that I am importing a Tab delimited, not comma? Please help I am
> confused.

> Thanks,
> Kent Lindeman

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Thu, 03 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Importing Text files with VBA code
Thank you very much!

Kent

  "Michael \(michka\) Kaplan"

Quote:

> Run the wizard and cretae a  spec there..... thats how you can specify
> details about the file.

> --
> MichKa
> (insensitive fruitarian)

> random junk of dubious value, a multilingual website, the
> 54-language TSI Form/Report to Data Access Page Wizard,
> and lots of replication "stuff" at the (no scripts required!)
> http://www.trigeminal.com/

Quote:
> > Hi all,
> >        Does anyone know how to import a text file that is Tab
delimited
> > with VBA code? I tried this...

> > docmd.transfertext _
> > Transfertype:=acimportdelim
> > (the rest is just to what table and what file to use)

> > The only way I could get this particular command to work is if I
> > changed the way I saved the file. I am using Excel to generate my
> > original data, I then save it as a tab delimited text file. This
does
> > not work. If I change what I do to saving the file as a comma
delimited
> > file the command imports the information 100%.. Do I need to tell
> > access that I am importing a Tab delimited, not comma? Please help
I am
> > confused.

> > Thanks,
> > Kent Lindeman

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 03 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. importing database files from VBA code

2. VBA code to import .pst file into Outlook

3. Automating importing a text file (comma delimited) with VBA

4. Automating text file import - VBA

5. VBA import html text files to access

6. Import text file with VBA

7. Importing text file into Excel using VBA - from a word macro

8. importing text from a word file into VBA

9. Importing text files into Access using code?

10. VB Codes to Import Text Files to SQL Server

11. I need some help Importing delimited text files using VB 4.0 code

12. Save all inbox messages to a text file (or text files) with VBA