Updating ODBC linked table via code
Author Message
 Updating ODBC linked table via code

Using Access '97 with an ODBC linked table (MySQL). How
can I use code to update the data from the form to the
table? My users currently have to click the left-
hand 'update' bar or simply close and re-open the
database, at which point the data is committed. I want
this to happen in an onclick event instead.

I'm not actually using transactions so can't use a commit
or anything. I know there must be some syntax to do it but
can't find it on the web.

TIA,
JG
.

Sat, 02 Oct 2004 18:27:41 GMT
 Updating ODBC linked table via code
Have you tried using an append query, then using a
me.requery on your form?

Quote:

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 04:07:28 GMT
 Updating ODBC linked table via code
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your reply, actually all I needed to do was put
a me.requery in the onclick event to refresh the data
source for the report - it now works a treat.

Thanks very much for putting me on the right track.

Jon

Quote:

Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:52:42 GMT

1. Linking to Oracle tables from Access97 via ODBC

2. Link ODBC database via code

3. Linking to SQL server via ODBC in code problem

4. Update ODBC Linked Tables

5. Dropping Tables Linked Via code

6. Linking tables via code (multiuser)

7. Linking Tables via Code

8. Access and linked ODBC tables don't use ODBC Definition

9. Is it possible to link ActiveData tables to ODBC tables

10. Help: updating text file-Updating Data in a linked table not supported by this ISAM

11. Updating textbox via code not updating recordset

12. Updating Links in Word 2002, Edit, Links, Select Update Method