Excel Linking and Excel/Access Linking
Author Message
 Excel Linking and Excel/Access Linking

I have been updating a spreadsheet that does rating calculations.  The
"rater" types manually into the spreadsheet, hits a macro that prints out
the report.  The person clears the input fields then inputs the next group.
A manager makes corrections, then the rater starts all over again by
inputing into the fields, hitting the macro button to print the report.

I have upgraded the spreadsheet so that the spreadsheet would store records
that could be retrieved and updated.  I added a sheet that has a linked
Access form by use of the Access add ins option in Excel.  It worked fine on
the hard drive, but I am having difficulty recreating the program to work on
the server.  First, I set up the headers and fields, then click on the form
wizard.  I have found that I sometimes can get it to work if I only select a
few fields and then add in the additional fields through design view in
Access.

Mainly the Wizard freezes up and tells me that Excel has timed out.  Has
anyone else come across this problem?  Any possible solutions?

Second, as I have updated this spreadsheet and made modifications, I have
links from older versions of the spreadsheet or spreadsheets that I have
previously deleted.  I am having difficulty rooting out these embedded
links.  Is there a quick way to get rid of the links to the other
spreadsheets or the spreadsheets that no longer exist?

Thanks!

Fri, 07 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Excel Linking and Excel/Access Linking

Quote:
> Is there a quick way to get rid of the links to the other
> spreadsheets or the spreadsheets that no longer exist?

Try downloading FINDLINK.XLA from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Linking to Excel - many Excel processes left open?

2. Prompts to update links when opening Excel spreadsheet from Access

3. Linked Excel worksheet losing data. Access table OK

4. Linking Access and Excel

5. Access Linking to Excel Spreadsheets

6. Access to a Excel object link in Powerpoint from VBA

7. linking an excel spreadsheet to an access database using vb

8. Linking Excel to Access via DAO

9. How to link a passwd protected Excel spreadsheet to Access in VB6

10. Links to both Excel and Access?

11. How to link a password protected Excel 97 Spreadsheet to Access 97

12. linking an excel spreadsheet to an access database from vb6