VBA or Visual Basic
Author Message
 VBA or Visual Basic

I will need to make a simple managment
application but i dont know what use: VBA-Access
or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
give me some advantages of using each one.
Where can i find some information about this two
topics.

Thank You...
Patricia Fernandes
Portugal

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VBA or Visual Basic

Hi,

If your needs are oriented toward a database (some information that can be
displayed on a form filled with fields), Access has done some job for you,
and you won't need to program a lot: consider it like Excel: you don't need
to make a VBA program each time you want make an addition, in Excel, because
that is where Excel is supposed to help you. Sure, you may take a couple of
hour learning how Excel works, and finally find no need of VBA at all.
Similar thing with Access: if you try to start programming in VBA at the
first second, without learning the power of queries and other tools that
Access has, I think you are doomed. Also consider that while database is the
bread and butter for Access, it is considered an advanced topic in VB, and
it is just a thin chapter in some book speaking of VB!

My final suggestion won't be to use Access necessary... but to ask you, is
your application a database application, a time-schedule application between
people, something that will control and manage heavy fixed machines in a
shop? A database is generally good when "data" can be manipulated; it is not
necessary the best tool if you have a problem involving mainly many
uncertain rules, or if graphics is the main data type  involved, as example.
You can also have other tools like MS Project, Outlook, etc, each
"specialized" in its own way, and accessible through VB or its VBA. If you
need a lot of flexibility, because many different things are involved, then
VB is maybe the final choice to consider, as an integration tool.

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:
> I will need to make a simple managment
> application but i dont know what use: VBA-Access
> or Visual Basic.What is the best choice...please
> give me some advantages of using each one.
> Where can i find some information about this two
> topics.

> Thank You...
> Patricia Fernandes
> Portugal

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting Access VBA to Visual Basic

2. Access VBA to Visual Basic 6 (or 5)

3. VBA for Visual Basic

4. Modify Excel VBA using Visual Basic .NET

5. vba and Visual Basic 4.0

6. VBA for Visual Basic

7. VBA Error Handler add-in will not update in Access 2000, Visual Basic Editor

8. Excel->VBA->Help->Visual Basic Help

9. Visual Basic, VBA and Excel

10. FREE Tools and Utilities for Visual Basic Developers (inc VBScript and VBA)

11. MN --- Microsoft Visual Basic, VBA, VB, MS Access Programmer

12. MN -- Microsoft Visual Basic, VB, VBA, MS Access Programmer