5981 error, "Cannot open macro storage"
Author Message
 5981 error, "Cannot open macro storage"

I'm getting a VB run-time error 5981, "Could not open macro storage" when I try
to reference the active document. Any idea what this could mean and how I fix it?

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:08:24 GMT
 5981 error, "Cannot open macro storage"

Geoff,

There are as many arcane causes for that message as there are stars
in the sky.

Well, no, not quite, but almost...   For starters, in the VBA editor
click Tools-> References and see if any of the entries there are shown
as "MISSING."  If you can figure out what they are, try to repair or
replace them.  If they're junk (I've found them referencing ancient
.TMP files), delete them.  (And clean out your TEMP folder(s) also.)

If there are none, or if there are some but this fix doesn't change
anything, post back.  (Meanwhile build a shrine to the VBA gods and
sacrifice a {*filter*}.  Ya never know....)

------------- "Life is nothing if you aren't obsessed." --John Waters

> I'm getting a VB run-time error 5981, "Could not open macro storage" when I try
> to reference the active document. Any idea what this could mean and how I fix it?

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:48:48 GMT

1. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

2. 5981 could not open macro storage error

3. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage

4. error 5981 - could not open macro storage

5. "Run-time error 5981, Could not open macro storage."

6. Cannot Open Macro Storage error

7. 800A175D Cannot Open Macro Storage Error

8. "Cannot load """

9. CANNOT Open Macro storage

10. Could not open macro storage error '5981' - one cure

11. Cannot Open Macro Storage????

12. Error 5981 'Could not open macro storage'