Running switchboard - error in loading DLL
Author Message
 Running switchboard - error in loading DLL

Greetings.

I am running Access 2000 on NT SP5.  I do the following operations:

1.  Create a new database.
2.  Create a 2 column table id (autonumber), description (text).
3.  Create a form using the form wizard.

---> Receive a warning box 'Object library not registered'.

4.  Click 'Ok' button on warning box.
5.  Create form for new table.
6.  Create switchboard ( Tools | Database Utilities | Switchboard Mgr )
7.  Add switchboard item to open new form in 'Add' mode.
8.  Double-click switchboard form to open it

---> Receive this error:

  Run time error: '429'
  ActiveX component cannot create object

The VB de{*filter*} starts points to line 23 as the culprit.

 1  Private Sub FillOptions()
 2  ' Fill in the options for this switchboard page.
 3
 4  ' The number of buttons on the form.
 5  Const conNumButtons = 8
 6
 7  Dim con As Object
 8  Dim rs As Object
 9  Dim stSql As String
10  Dim intOption As Integer
11
12  ' Set the focus to the first button on the form,
13  ' and then hide all of the buttons on the form
14  ' but the first.  You can't hide the field with the focus.
15  Me![Option1].SetFocus
16  For intOption = 2 To conNumButtons
17     Me("Option" & intOption).Visible = False
18     Me("OptionLabel" & intOption).Visible = False
20
21  ' Open the table of Switchboard Items, and find
22  ' the first item for this Switchboard Page.
23  Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection

Questions (I am new to the Microsoft development environment)

1.  How can I determine which DLL Access attempts to load when I
receive the 'Object library not registered' warning?  I checked the
system application logs and there are no entries.

2.  How can I determine the cause of the ActiveX error 429?

Thanks
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Running switchboard - error in loading DLL

Quote:

> try to register dao360.dll using regsvr32.exe

Hi.

I tried your suggestion and restarted Access.  I no longer get the
ActiveX error, but now the same line of code fails with:

---> "Compile Error:  Error in loading DLL"

I suspected that MS Access is having problems finding DAO360.DLL, so I
searched my registry to make sure that all references to it use the 8.3
(short) file names -- i.e.,

C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DAO\DAO360.DLL

I did change 2 registry entries from the long format to the short
format and I still get the 'Compile Error' window.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Running switchboard - error in loading DLL

try to register dao360.dll using regsvr32.exe
Alex

Quote:
> Greetings.

> I am running Access 2000 on NT SP5.  I do the following operations:

> 1.  Create a new database.
> 2.  Create a 2 column table id (autonumber), description (text).
> 3.  Create a form using the form wizard.

> ---> Receive a warning box 'Object library not registered'.

> 4.  Click 'Ok' button on warning box.
> 5.  Create form for new table.
> 6.  Create switchboard ( Tools | Database Utilities | Switchboard Mgr )
> 7.  Add switchboard item to open new form in 'Add' mode.
> 8.  Double-click switchboard form to open it

> ---> Receive this error:

>   Run time error: '429'
>   ActiveX component cannot create object

> The VB de{*filter*} starts points to line 23 as the culprit.

>  1  Private Sub FillOptions()
>  2  ' Fill in the options for this switchboard page.
>  3
>  4  ' The number of buttons on the form.
>  5  Const conNumButtons = 8
>  6
>  7  Dim con As Object
>  8  Dim rs As Object
>  9  Dim stSql As String
> 10  Dim intOption As Integer
> 11
> 12  ' Set the focus to the first button on the form,
> 13  ' and then hide all of the buttons on the form
> 14  ' but the first.  You can't hide the field with the focus.
> 15  Me![Option1].SetFocus
> 16  For intOption = 2 To conNumButtons
> 17     Me("Option" & intOption).Visible = False
> 18     Me("OptionLabel" & intOption).Visible = False
> 20
> 21  ' Open the table of Switchboard Items, and find
> 22  ' the first item for this Switchboard Page.
> 23  Set con = Application.CurrentProject.Connection

> Questions (I am new to the Microsoft development environment)

> 1.  How can I determine which DLL Access attempts to load when I
> receive the 'Object library not registered' warning?  I checked the
> system application logs and there are no entries.

> 2.  How can I determine the cause of the ActiveX error 429?

> Thanks
> Jeff

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:42:23 GMT

1. Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP

2. Run time error (48) in loading DLL after installing a distribution

3. Run-time error '31037': Error load form file

4. Error 3633: Can't load DLL MSJTER35.DLL

5. "Error in Loading DLL" conflicting DLLs

6. Calling external DLL gets error 48, unable to load DLL

7. made switchboard run code when option clicked

8. switchboard manager - run code option - acc 97

9. Acc97 creating MDE receive Error In Loading DLL error

10. Error in loading DLL (Error 48)

11. Error 48: Error Loading DLL

12. Error message : "Error in loading DLL"