Extracting Sender and Recipients information
Author Message
 Extracting Sender and Recipients information

Hi,
I am trying to write some (simple) code to extract the Sender and the
Recipients from received mail and Meeting items to create ContactItems for
each.

However, itis driving me crazy! It just doesn't work!

None of the below gives me any more information than that I am the receiver!
item.ReplyRecipients
item.Recipients

The only way to get all the receivers is to create a new temporary mailitem:
newmailitem= item.Reply
and then
newmailitem.Recipients

This is however extremely frustrating when you run through a long list of
mails as the "system" floods over with newly created mails and actually
misses to create quite a few new contacts. (Running slowly step by step
works!)

Any ideas on how to do this better? (declarations?)
Why doesn't the SenderName work better?

Bengt

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:14:20 GMT
 Extracting Sender and Recipients information
SenderName does just what the name implies -- provides the name of the sender. To get the sender's address, you need to use CDO (or Redemption). See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to write some (simple) code to extract the Sender and the
> Recipients from received mail and Meeting items to create ContactItems for
> each.

> However, itis driving me crazy! It just doesn't work!

> None of the below gives me any more information than that I am the receiver!
> item.ReplyRecipients
> item.Recipients

> The only way to get all the receivers is to create a new temporary mailitem:
> newmailitem= item.Reply
> and then
> newmailitem.Recipients

> This is however extremely frustrating when you run through a long list of
> mails as the "system" floods over with newly created mails and actually
> misses to create quite a few new contacts. (Running slowly step by step
> works!)

> Any ideas on how to do this better? (declarations?)
> Why doesn't the SenderName work better?

> Bengt

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 20:27:19 GMT
 Extracting Sender and Recipients information
WOW!

I could never have guessed that this would be so complicated. Glad someone
has sorted it out.
Will try immediately.

Bengt

SenderName does just what the name implies -- provides the name of the
sender. To get the sender's address, you need to use CDO (or Redemption).
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getsenderaddy.htm.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions
   at http://www.slipstick.com

Quote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to write some (simple) code to extract the Sender and the
> Recipients from received mail and Meeting items to create ContactItems for
> each.

> However, itis driving me crazy! It just doesn't work!

> None of the below gives me any more information than that I am the
receiver!
> item.ReplyRecipients
> item.Recipients

> The only way to get all the receivers is to create a new temporary
mailitem:
> newmailitem= item.Reply
> and then
> newmailitem.Recipients

> This is however extremely frustrating when you run through a long list of
> mails as the "system" floods over with newly created mails and actually
> misses to create quite a few new contacts. (Running slowly step by step
> works!)

> Any ideas on how to do this better? (declarations?)
> Why doesn't the SenderName work better?

> Bengt

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:01:26 GMT

1. recipients/senders email

2. sender name and recipient name?

3. Extracting sender's email from outlook

4. extract the senders email address to a text file

5. Extracting Email Senders from a folder

6. Macro to extract sender's address from email message

7. How to extract email address from sender

8. Extracting sender Address to Access .......

9. Extracting information from a newly inserted record

10. Extracting Information

11. How to extract certain information from attached text file to Excel

12. Extracting information from calendar between two dates