Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)
Author Message
 Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)

I use a small DLL in my Access-Module.
Normaly it is in one of the path-directory.
How can I check, if the DLL-file exist?

Thank You!

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)

Hi,

Check under Win\System folder manually.

HTH
--
Please limit questions to newsgroups only...
Just my $.001

Quote:
>I use a small DLL in my Access-Module.
>Normaly it is in one of the path-directory.
>How can I check, if the DLL-file exist?

>Thank You!

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Check DLL-File (Exist DLL-File?)

This code might be of use

'****************  Code Start  *********************
Private Const NO_ERROR& = 0

Declare Function SearchTreeForFile Lib "ImageHlp.dll" (ByVal lpRoot As
String, ByVal lpInPath As String, ByVal lpOutPath As String) As Long
'Recursively searches for a file starting at SearchPath
'Does not return all files matching fName, just first one
'in search path
Function SearchFile(ByVal fName As String, ByVal SearchPath As String) As
String
Dim iNull As Integer
Dim lpBuffer As String
Dim lResult As Long

SearchFile = ""
lpBuffer = String$(1024, 0)
lResult = SearchTreeForFile(SearchPath, fName, lpBuffer)
If lResult <> NO_ERROR Then
  If InStr(lpBuffer, vbNullChar) > 0 Then
    SearchFile = Left$(lpBuffer, InStr(lpBuffer, vbNullChar) - 1)
  End If
End If
End Function
'****************  Code End  ***********************

Quote:
>I use a small DLL in my Access-Module.
>Normaly it is in one of the path-directory.
>How can I check, if the DLL-file exist?

>Thank You!

Mon, 28 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling a DLL gives "File Not Found", but File Exists

2. Problems building install file - AutPrx32.dll, AutMgr32.dll, RACMGR32.dll, CLIREG32.exe NOT FOUND

3. DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL DLL

4. updating an ActiveX DLL by overwriting the existing dll

5. Jet VBA File (VBAJet.dll VBAJet32.dll) Initialization failure

6. Cab file decompression problem: using lz32.dll or cabinet.dll

7. How can I get access to a DLL file, for example CARDS.DLL

8. MSVBVM50.DLL file is linked to missing export OLEAUTO32.DLL:421

9. files missing u25store.dll u25total.dll

10. Extracting Icons from DLL files. Eg - Shell32.dll

11. Cab file decompression problem: using lz32.dll or cabinet.dll

12. URGENT: mfcce300d.dll with Setup.dll for .CAB files