Fax from Access 2.0 - OS is Win 3.1
Author Message
 Fax from Access 2.0 - OS is Win 3.1

I have a client who is still on Windows 3.1 and who wants me to build
them a simple app which will be able to send faxes of reports. For that
matter, they could even just run a query and "print" that to a fax modem.
IOW, the formatting that reports offer is irrelevant to their needs.

Well, perhaps it will come to you as no surprise, but I no longer have a
machine set up here that is running Win 3.1. I really don't remember what
it came with - like did it have it's own little fax applet? Or will I
have to see if I can find an old version of WinFaxPro and do the stuff
that's extolled in some of the Access books (the Access 2.0 How-To comes
to mind). Are there any other alternatives out there?

Thanks for any assistance!

--
Michael Simcich

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Fax from Access 2.0 - OS is Win 3.1

Windows 3.1 does not come with a Fax applet.  I'm not sure where Microsoft
At Work fax capabilities come from, but I'm sure they're not free (and I
seem to recall they only work on Windows for Workgroups anyway).  I suspect
the only solution you'll find is something like WinFax Pro that comes with
a print driver that lets you print to the fax modem.
 Michael Simcich wrote in article ...

Quote:
>I have a client who is still on Windows 3.1 and who wants me to build
>them a simple app which will be able to send faxes of reports. For that
>matter, they could even just run a query and "print" that to a fax modem.
>IOW, the formatting that reports offer is irrelevant to their needs.

>Well, perhaps it will come to you as no surprise, but I no longer have a
>machine set up here that is running Win 3.1. I really don't remember what
>it came with - like did it have it's own little fax applet? Or will I
>have to see if I can find an old version of WinFaxPro and do the stuff
>that's extolled in some of the Access books (the Access 2.0 How-To comes
>to mind). Are there any other alternatives out there?

>Thanks for any assistance!

>--
>Michael Simcich

Thu, 09 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Fax from Access 2.0 - OS is Win 3.1

OK thanks Kevin

--
Michael Simcich

Fri, 10 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Application Error - DAO2016.DLL at 0033:06BC --- Access 2.0 in WIN 3.1

2. Problem witih Focus in Access 2.0 (win 3.1)

3. Help: Problem connecting VB3 app to Access 2.0 w/ODBC in Win-OS/2

4. Help: Problem connecting VB3 app to Access 2.0 w/ODBC in Win-OS/2

5. Problem: Win 3.1 crashes with PB 3.1 programs

6. Access 2.0 and VB3 w/ Windows 3.1

7. Accessing Acces Data Base files and win 3.1

8. WIN 3.1 app - MS-ACCESS

9. Win 3.1 GPF with MS Access DAO

10. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development

11. VB3 program OK in WIn 3.1 but not in WIN 95

12. Advice on TCP/IP for 16 bit VB4: Win 3.1 and Win 95 Development