Getting data from security-enabled Access 2 to Excel 7 using DAO
Author Message
 Getting data from security-enabled Access 2 to Excel 7 using DAO

Someone must have asked this before, but I can't see the answer anywhere...
I am attempting to bring data from an Access 2 database into Excel 7 using
DAO.  I can do it when security is _not_ enabled on the Access 2  database,
but don't know how to do it when security is enabled.  I get a message
complaining that I don't have the necessary permission.
I want people to work with some of the data from the Access 2 database
directly from Excel 7, but need to use the workgroup security associated
with Access to ensure only the right people can get to it.
I would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

--
Alan Cossey
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 15 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Excel worksheet names using DAO.

2. Problems Reading Excel Data Using DAO

3. Problems Reading Excel Data Using DAO

4. Getting a picture stored in access using DAO or RDO

5. From: Getting a picture stored in access using DAO or RDO

6. Data control with security enabled...

7. Getting data from Excel to VB using ADO problem

8. Getting Tab separated data from Word to Access, Excel or simply process it from VB

9. Getting Tab separated data from Word to Access, Excel or process it from VB

10. Getting Tab separated data from Word to Access, Excel or simply process it from VB

11. How To open Security Enabled Access DataBase in 16 bit VB4

12. Access as data Server Using ADO & DAO