cannot update, runtime error 3027
Author Message
 cannot update, runtime error 3027

I don't understand this.

I'm trying to use transfer text to create a mailmerge doc from an Access
table using a command button on an access form.

When I click on the button, I get the error msg.

The button VBA looks like this:

DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "Tbl_Eds_Listing", "C:\My
Documents\23.mrg", True

The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous VBA code.

Thanks.

--
Bill

PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:29:56 GMT
 cannot update, runtime error 3027
ErrMsg: Can't update. Database or object is read-only. (Error 3027)

Your Database is read-only.  Check why the Database is Read-Only.  Some
possible reasons are:

*  You open the Database as Read-Only.
*  The Database file is attributed as "Read-Only"
*  The Database was created in an earlier Access version and you open it
with a later Access version.
*  You don't have the write permission on the file or directory.
*  etc ...

If none of the above, check your code, in particular, post your code
referred to in "The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous
VBA code."

HTH
Van T. Dinh

Quote:

> I don't understand this.

> I'm trying to use transfer text to create a mailmerge doc from an Access
> table using a command button on an access form.

> When I click on the button, I get the error msg.

> The button VBA looks like this:

> DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "Tbl_Eds_Listing", "C:\My
> Documents\23.mrg", True

> The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous VBA code.

> Thanks.

> --
> Bill

> PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
> http://www.photosourcefolio.com

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:12:21 GMT
 cannot update, runtime error 3027
It was not opened in read-only.  In fact, I specifically tried using the
"open in exclusive mode."
File attribute is not read-only
Database was created in an earlier version, but I've never had that kind of
problem before, and I converted it from ac7 to ac2000 first.
The database was copied from it's original location on a remote location and
saved to my computer, where I have full rights to everything.

I've running win2000 sp2, ac2000 sp1

I may have stumbled onto something in the KB about a new "security" feature
with either win2k and/or ac2000 whereby a registry entry only allows a few
file extensions to be used when writing out export files, and of course .DOC
is a prohibited extension (WHTA!?) and I'm thinking that may be the cause.

--
Bill

PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
http://www.photosourcefolio.com

Quote:
> ErrMsg: Can't update. Database or object is read-only. (Error 3027)

> Your Database is read-only.  Check why the Database is Read-Only.  Some
> possible reasons are:

> *  You open the Database as Read-Only.
> *  The Database file is attributed as "Read-Only"
> *  The Database was created in an earlier Access version and you open it
> with a later Access version.
> *  You don't have the write permission on the file or directory.
> *  etc ...

> If none of the above, check your code, in particular, post your code
> referred to in "The table has exactly one record in it, created via
previous
> VBA code."

> HTH
> Van T. Dinh

> > I don't understand this.

> > I'm trying to use transfer text to create a mailmerge doc from an Access
> > table using a command button on an access form.

> > When I click on the button, I get the error msg.

> > The button VBA looks like this:

> > DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "Tbl_Eds_Listing", "C:\My
> > Documents\23.mrg", True

> > The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous VBA code.

> > Thanks.

> > --
> > Bill

> > PhotoSourceFolio webmaster
> > http://www.photosourcefolio.com

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:12:47 GMT
 cannot update, runtime error 3027
  > It was not opened in read-only. In fact, I specifically tried using the
  > "open in exclusive mode." File attribute is not read-only Database was
  > created in an earlier version, but I've never had that kind of problem
  > before, and I converted it from ac7 to ac2000 first. The database was
  > copied from it's original location on a remote location and saved to my
  > computer, where I have full rights to everything.
  > I've running win2000 sp2, ac2000 sp1
  > I may have stumbled onto something in the KB about a new "security"
  > feature with either win2k and/or ac2000 whereby a registry entry only
  > allows a few file extensions to be used when writing out export files,
  > and of course .DOC is a prohibited extension (WHTA!?) and I'm thinking
  > that may be the cause.
  > --

  > http://www.photosourcefolio.com/http://www.photosourcefolio.com

  > > ErrMsg: Can't update. Database or object is read-only. (Error 3027)
  > >
  > > Your Database is read-only. Check why the Database is Read-Only. Some
  > > possible reasons are:
  > >
  > > *  You open the Database as Read-Only.
  > > *  The Database file is attributed as "Read-Only"
  > > *  The Database was created in an earlier Access version and you open
  > >    it with a later Access version.
  > > *  You don't have the write permission on the file or directory.
  > > *  etc ...
  > >
  > > If none of the above, check your code, in particular, post your code
  > > referred to in "The table has exactly one record in it, created via
  > previous
  > > VBA code."
  > >
  > > HTH Van T. Dinh
  > >
  > >
  > >

  > > > I don't understand this.
  > > >
  > > > I'm trying to use transfer text to create a mailmerge doc from an
  > > > Access table using a command button on an access form.
  > > >
  > > > When I click on the button, I get the error msg.
  > > >
  > > > The button VBA looks like this:
  > > >
  > > > DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "Tbl_Eds_Listing", "C:\My
  > > > Documents\23.mrg", True
  > > >
  > > > The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous
  > > > VBA code.
  > > >
  > > > Thanks.
  > > >
  > > > --

  > > > http://www.photosourcefolio.com/http://www.photosourcefolio.com

Did you find a fix for this problem? I am currently having that
same problem.

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:40:40 GMT
 cannot update, runtime error 3027
Change the file extension, and the problem is solved.

--
MichKa

Michael Kaplan
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.trigeminal.com/

International VB? -- http://www.i18nWithVB.com/
C++? MSLU -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/01/10/

Quote:

>   > It was not opened in read-only. In fact, I specifically tried using
the
>   > "open in exclusive mode." File attribute is not read-only Database was
>   > created in an earlier version, but I've never had that kind of problem
>   > before, and I converted it from ac7 to ac2000 first. The database was
>   > copied from it's original location on a remote location and saved to
my
>   > computer, where I have full rights to everything.
>   > I've running win2000 sp2, ac2000 sp1
>   > I may have stumbled onto something in the KB about a new "security"
>   > feature with either win2k and/or ac2000 whereby a registry entry only
>   > allows a few file extensions to be used when writing out export files,
>   > and of course .DOC is a prohibited extension (WHTA!?) and I'm thinking
>   > that may be the cause.
>   > --

>   > http://www.photosourcefolio.com/http://www.photosourcefolio.com

>   > > ErrMsg: Can't update. Database or object is read-only. (Error 3027)

>   > > Your Database is read-only. Check why the Database is Read-Only.
Some
>   > > possible reasons are:

>   > > *  You open the Database as Read-Only.
>   > > *  The Database file is attributed as "Read-Only"
>   > > *  The Database was created in an earlier Access version and you
open
>   > >    it with a later Access version.
>   > > *  You don't have the write permission on the file or directory.
>   > > *  etc ...

>   > > If none of the above, check your code, in particular, post your code
>   > > referred to in "The table has exactly one record in it, created via
>   > previous
>   > > VBA code."

>   > > HTH Van T. Dinh

>   > > > I don't understand this.

>   > > > I'm trying to use transfer text to create a mailmerge doc from an
>   > > > Access table using a command button on an access form.

>   > > > When I click on the button, I get the error msg.

>   > > > The button VBA looks like this:

>   > > > DoCmd.TransferText acExportMerge, , "Tbl_Eds_Listing", "C:\My
>   > > > Documents\23.mrg", True

>   > > > The table has exactly one record in it, created via previous
>   > > > VBA code.

>   > > > Thanks.

>   > > > --

>   > > > http://www.photosourcefolio.com/http://www.photosourcefolio.com

> Did you find a fix for this problem? I am currently having that
> same problem.

> --

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 05:07:11 GMT

1. Run time Error: 3027: Can't update database or object is readonly

2. can't update 3027

3. Error 3027: Cannot update, Database or Object is read only. (SQL 7 using DAO)

4. Run-time Error 3027 when doing AcExportMerge

5. ERROR 3027

6. Database or object is read only run time error 3027

7. Run-time error '3027'

8. Help with Error 3027

9. Addnew: Error 3027 with attached tables

10. Error 3027 When exporting to XLS with long destination name

11. Error 3027

12. Error 3027 After Deploying