Help with "Print all open documents" in Word 97
Author Message
 Help with "Print all open documents" in Word 97

Hi:

I have the following code which prints all open documents in Word:

Dim oDoc As Document

  For Each oDoc In Documents

      oDoc.Activate
      oDoc.PrintOut

  Next

  Set oDoc = Nothing

My users say they like it, but that it prints in reverse order, for
instance instead of printing Document 1 first and then going to
Document 10, it will go from Document 10 to Document 1.

Can anybody tell me what the fastest way to print in reverse order
would be?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 06:29:45 GMT
 Help with "Print all open documents" in Word 97
Hi Ernie,

See reply in one of the other newsgroups to which you posted this question.

Quote:
> Hi:

> I have the following code which prints all open documents in Word:

> Dim oDoc As Document

>   For Each oDoc In Documents

>       oDoc.Activate
>       oDoc.PrintOut

>   Next

>   Set oDoc = Nothing

> My users say they like it, but that it prints in reverse order, for
> instance instead of printing Document 1 first and then going to
> Document 10, it will go from Document 10 to Document 1.

> Can anybody tell me what the fastest way to print in reverse order
> would be?

> Thanks in advance.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:45:05 GMT
 Help with "Print all open documents" in Word 97
Thanks, ibby!

I'm including your code here for future searchability via Google... I
don't think Microsoft keeps their group postings for any length of
time.

Dim i As Long
For i = Documents.Count To 1 Step -1
    Documents(i).PrintOut
Next i

Quote:

> Hi Ernie,

> See reply in one of the other newsgroups to which you posted this question.

> > Hi:

> > I have the following code which prints all open documents in Word:

> > Dim oDoc As Document

> >   For Each oDoc In Documents

> >       oDoc.Activate
> >       oDoc.PrintOut

> >   Next

> >   Set oDoc = Nothing

> > My users say they like it, but that it prints in reverse order, for
> > instance instead of printing Document 1 first and then going to
> > Document 10, it will go from Document 10 to Document 1.

> > Can anybody tell me what the fastest way to print in reverse order
> > would be?

> > Thanks in advance.

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 00:35:02 GMT

1. word 2000 hangs at "document.open"

2. Printing word-document via "ShellExecuteEx"

3. Can Word 97 do "Date Math?"

4. "HELP"-Error 3112 while compacting in Access 97

5. "Frozen" Document on Open

6. Automatically "Save As..." upon opening document

7. Open "Read Only Recommended" documents

8. "Reading" text from a Word document

9. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

10. Suppress "Printing" dialog in Word 2002

11. Printing a paragraph like "word wrap"

12. "Print Engine Not Opened" - Exception