Help: Extracting Contact info from distribution list inspector
Author Message
 Help: Extracting Contact info from distribution list inspector

Hello:

I'd like to set a variable dimensioned as a ContactItem or Recipient to the
currently highlighted contact in the distribution list inspector. At minimum
I think I would need to be able to get the indexes of the currently
highlighted items in the listbox on the distribution list inspector form. I
would then use the distListItem.getMember method to get the Recipient
information for the selected items.

Is there a way to do this?

More generally is there a good source for information on the properties and
methods of things like inspectors that can't be found by digging arround the
object browser (at least I can't find them).

help appreciated

Thanks

Tom Boeman

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:22:39 GMT
 Help: Extracting Contact info from distribution list inspector
No. Outlook provides a Selection object only for MAPIFolder.

Check out Outlook Spy from http://www.dimastr.com for a good investigative
tool.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:
> Hello:

> I'd like to set a variable dimensioned as a ContactItem or Recipient to
the
> currently highlighted contact in the distribution list inspector. At
minimum
> I think I would need to be able to get the indexes of the currently
> highlighted items in the listbox on the distribution list inspector form.
> would then use the distListItem.getMember method to get the Recipient
> information for the selected items.

> Is there a way to do this?

> More generally is there a good source for information on the properties
and
> methods of things like inspectors that can't be found by digging arround
the
> object browser (at least I can't find them).

> help appreciated

> Thanks

> Tom Boeman

Wed, 07 Apr 2004 02:27:32 GMT

1. HELP please for contact from Distribution list

2. HELP please for contact from Distribution list

3. getting distribution list from Contacts

4. Outlook Contacts - Distribution Lists

5. Members property of contact folder distribution lists - returns gobbledygook in lovely looking array

6. Distribution Lists - How to displaying individual contacts in To field

7. Distribution lists in the Contacts Folder

8. Distribution List or Contact- Identifying each in a Loop

9. Using VBA to Create a Contact Folder Distribution List from MS Access

10. adding a selected contact to a distribution list

11. Adding a contact to a Distribution List

12. Add a contact to a Distribution List