Squares using vbCrLf or Chr(13)
Author Message
 Squares using vbCrLf or Chr(13)

I am using the following code to create a docvariable that
goes into a docvariable field in the document. At the
beginning of each line (line 2 and beyond), I get a square
character. This does not print fortunately but is visible
on the computer. How do I avoid this square character?

    SamDesAll = SamDesAll &
ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(SamID) _
    .Value & Chr(13)

In Word Options View, I have all nonprinting characters
turned off.

Thanks

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:31:22 GMT
 Squares using vbCrLf or Chr(13)
Try

vbCr instead.

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> I am using the following code to create a docvariable that
> goes into a docvariable field in the document. At the
> beginning of each line (line 2 and beyond), I get a square
> character. This does not print fortunately but is visible
> on the computer. How do I avoid this square character?

>     SamDesAll = SamDesAll &
> ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties(SamID) _
>     .Value & Chr(13)

> In Word Options View, I have all nonprinting characters
> turned off.

> Thanks

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:56:07 GMT
 Squares using vbCrLf or Chr(13)
Thanks
I had also tried vbCrLf but didn't know about vbCr

Quote:

Wed, 02 Nov 2005 04:51:59 GMT

1. vbCRLF = chr(13) + chr(10)

2. chr(10) and chr(13) in memofield gives |

3. Chr(10) & Chr(13)

4. Chr(10) and Chr(13) doesn't work

5. is carriage return chr(13) or chr(32)

6. INPUT OR READ TO STRIP CHR(10) AND CHR(13)

7. What is chr$(13) + chr$(10)

8. Enter Parameter value CHR(13)

9. Appending chr(13) to a memo field?

10. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr

11. appending Chr(13) to memo fields?

12. Question about a WORD document, VB and CHR(13)