Why does word ask about saving when there's been no change?
Author Message
 Why does word ask about saving when there's been no change?

I wrote a little 'autoclose' macro that record's the author's name if it's
blank.

After this macro went into action, Word, upon closing a document, asks if
the document should be saved, even when there has been no change either to
the text or to the document properties.

What's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:02:17 GMT
 Why does word ask about saving when there's been no change?
If you look at the document properties from within Word, even if you cancel
without changing anything, it makes the document "dirty" and Word thinks it
needs to be updated.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:
http://www.addbalance.com/word

Legal Users' Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented)
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> I wrote a little 'autoclose' macro that record's the author's name if it's
> blank.

> After this macro went into action, Word, upon closing a document, asks if
> the document should be saved, even when there has been no change either to
> the text or to the document properties.

> What's wrong?

> Thanks in advance.

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:08:05 GMT

1. No changes made, but it asks if changes should be saved

2. Why am I being prompted to save changes to the template when I'm not making changes?

3. Close oXL from Word, and don't save changes

4. Prevent Word to ask for saving global template

5. Word in IE Container: Always asks to save...

6. Getting Word to close a file without asking if you want to save

7. Outlook 2000: Custom form - read page keeps asking for save changes

8. Ask to save changes on close?

9. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

10. VB6 design table no longer asks if I want to save alter table script after changes

11. Overwriting Word's built-in Save with my own Save

12. Humbling Asking form help - Can't change simpletext on a Status Bar