autoaccept script
Author Message
 autoaccept script

Hello,
I am trying to implement Robert Strong's autoaccept script for resource
calendars.  I have successfully done this on two "test" servers, but cannot
get it to work on my production server.

First

Server PII400 256Megs Ram, 8G SCSI mirrored drives
Windows NT 4.0 SP4 (all y2k issues including MDAC) applied
Exchange 5.5 sp1
Outlook 97 SP2 (8.04.5619)

When I try to use the autoaccept wizard, I get a MAPI not found error (don't
have the error now)

When I try to use the autoaccept wizard from my desk (NT4WS, Outlook98),
three mailboxes work, one fails with a permissions error (not authorized for
this mailbox)

Now, if I either
a:  Install the script manually, or
b:  use the autoaccept wizard on the three acounts it lets me, the script
fails when I then send a meeting request utilizing the account as a resource

From the event viewer:

Event ID 11,  Source  MS ExchangeES  Type Error  Category General

Description

A fatal error (0x8004010f) occurred in an IExchangeEventSink while
processing message [Subject = "test for scheduling"]

Any Ideas?  The MS explanation doesn't seem to fit (but I am gonna look at
it Sunday or Monday just the same).  I am perplexed as to why the three
servers don't act the same (test servers are lesser machines with the same
software, I doubt severely this is hardware related)

The only other variable is the two other administrator's on our systems.  In
the test lab I control everything, on the production system, the other two
administrators can make changes.

TIA,
Jeffrey Green
Raytheon Systems

Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 autoaccept script
Problem solved, it WAS dueling administrators.  I had to reload Office and
the service packs (to O97SP2) on the exchange server and everything started
working.  Now on to seek my revenge on my two administrative compatriots....

--jeff

Quote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to implement Robert Strong's autoaccept script for resource
> calendars.  I have successfully done this on two "test" servers, but
cannot
> get it to work on my production server.

> First

> Server PII400 256Megs Ram, 8G SCSI mirrored drives
> Windows NT 4.0 SP4 (all y2k issues including MDAC) applied
> Exchange 5.5 sp1
> Outlook 97 SP2 (8.04.5619)

> When I try to use the autoaccept wizard, I get a MAPI not found error
(don't
> have the error now)

> When I try to use the autoaccept wizard from my desk (NT4WS, Outlook98),
> three mailboxes work, one fails with a permissions error (not authorized
for
> this mailbox)

> Now, if I either
> a:  Install the script manually, or
> b:  use the autoaccept wizard on the three acounts it lets me, the script
> fails when I then send a meeting request utilizing the account as a
resource

> From the event viewer:

> Event ID 11,  Source  MS ExchangeES  Type Error  Category General

> Description

> A fatal error (0x8004010f) occurred in an IExchangeEventSink while
> processing message [Subject = "test for scheduling"]

> Any Ideas?  The MS explanation doesn't seem to fit (but I am gonna look at
> it Sunday or Monday just the same).  I am perplexed as to why the three
> servers don't act the same (test servers are lesser machines with the same
> software, I doubt severely this is hardware related)

> The only other variable is the two other administrator's on our systems.
In
> the test lab I control everything, on the production system, the other two
> administrators can make changes.

> TIA,
> Jeffrey Green
> Raytheon Systems

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. autoaccept script error

2. AutoAccept - Removing body of an meetingrequest before added to calendar

3. Autoaccept Task Request in Outlook 2000

4. AutoAccept VBScript for MS Outlook

5. Outlook Script/VB Script

6. Script works, script don't work

7. VBScript 5.5 Crashes on Script Error in Script Event

8. script debugger to trace into vb scripts??

9. Valid script does not work with Scripting Object Model

10. Passing value from Server script to client script.

11. Calling server-script from within client-script

12. Script edit control or programmable script editor??