Image control won't keep picture size
Author Message
 Image control won't keep picture size

I have a transparent-backgrounded GIF (a logo) to be displayed
in an Image control on a userform.  I've done this before and
the image showed up fine (and identically) on several different
PCs running at different screen resolutions.  Here, most of
the PCs are using 1024x768.  But on the PCs using 800x600,
the image overflows the control and is also hellishly grainy.

The image control is drawn at exactly the size of the image,
so I had set the control's PictureSizeMode property to Clip
and not Zoom.  Changing it to Zoom had no effect.  I've tried
setting the control's PictureAlignment property to Center and
then to TopLeft.  None of these combinations manage to corral
the picture properly on the lower-rez machines.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Is there a way to tell the
control to be a percentage of the userform's dimensions?
(And if there is, would that even work?)

TIA

--

"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:01:13 GMT
 Image control won't keep picture size

you can programatically address each UserForm.Control()

But I'd just use SizeModeStretch for its PictureSizeMode

like this:

Quote:
>I have a transparent-backgrounded GIF (a logo) to be displayed
>in an Image control on a userform.  I've done this before and
>the image showed up fine (and identically) on several different
>PCs running at different screen resolutions.  Here, most of
>the PCs are using 1024x768.  But on the PCs using 800x600,
>the image overflows the control and is also hellishly grainy.

>The image control is drawn at exactly the size of the image,
>so I had set the control's PictureSizeMode property to Clip
>and not Zoom.  Changing it to Zoom had no effect.  I've tried
>setting the control's PictureAlignment property to Center and
>then to TopLeft.  None of these combinations manage to corral
>the picture properly on the lower-rez machines.

>Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Is there a way to tell the
>control to be a percentage of the userform's dimensions?
>(And if there is, would that even work?)

>TIA

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia

Live Advice: http://www.keen.com/The+Word+Heretic
You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it.

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:22:06 GMT
 Image control won't keep picture size

Quote:
> you can programatically address each UserForm.Control()

Are you saying, if SizeModeStretch doesn't work well (and it
doesn't), I should test for the screen resolution and adjust
the dimensions of the image control when the form initializes?

Mark

Quote:

> you can programatically address each UserForm.Control()

> But I'd just use SizeModeStretch for its PictureSizeMode

> like this:

> >I have a transparent-backgrounded GIF (a logo) to be displayed
> >in an Image control on a userform.  I've done this before and
> >the image showed up fine (and identically) on several different
> >PCs running at different screen resolutions.  Here, most of
> >the PCs are using 1024x768.  But on the PCs using 800x600,
> >the image overflows the control and is also hellishly grainy.

> >The image control is drawn at exactly the size of the image,
> >so I had set the control's PictureSizeMode property to Clip
> >and not Zoom.  Changing it to Zoom had no effect.  I've tried
> >setting the control's PictureAlignment property to Center and
> >then to TopLeft.  None of these combinations manage to corral
> >the picture properly on the lower-rez machines.

> >Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Is there a way to tell the
> >control to be a percentage of the userform's dimensions?
> >(And if there is, would that even work?)

> >TIA

> Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia

> Live Advice: http://www.keen.com/The+Word+Heretic
> You agree by writing to me personally that any material can be reused publicly unless you explicitly disclaim it.

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:25:36 GMT

1. Image control won't keep picture size

2. Copy a picture from a Picture Control in a Image Control

3. Changing size of images and keeping proportions

4. Keeping image size within acceptable range

5. --------(-: Q:Picture/Image Controls '{:-)--------

6. Can't change picture in Image Control ??

7. Userform Controls change their size between Win 98 and Win NT

8. RichText won't keep the formats?

9. KeepTogether won't keep together

10. Large images in Picture or Image Control

11. TIF images in Image or Picture Control

12. Store the image in picture box control into the image data type in SQL server