CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Author Message
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Hello,

how can I create a contact (in Outlook Express) with
"CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" ??
I tried some things but do not work.

Can anybody help me? Has anyone ever done something like this?

Thanks in advance

Daniela Menneweger
Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:09:50 GMT
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Hi,

You can add from Items collection in a particular MAPI folder, or simply use
the CreateItem method like below:

Public Sub TestCont()
Dim o As Outlook.Application
Dim c As ContactItem
    Set o = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set c = o.CreateItem(olContactItem)
    c.FirstName = "Santa"
    c.LastName = "Claus"
    c.Save
End Sub

You need a reference (Tools| References...) to your favorite  Microsoft
Outlook  x.0 Object Library.

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> Hello,

> how can I create a contact (in Outlook Express) with
> "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" ??
> I tried some things but do not work.

> Can anybody help me? Has anyone ever done something like this?

> Thanks in advance

> Daniela Menneweger
> Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG
> http://www.saltware.com

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:53:11 GMT
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Guess this will only work for Outlook not for Outlook express?

iskander

Quote:
> Hi,

> You can add from Items collection in a particular MAPI folder, or simply
use
> the CreateItem method like below:

> Public Sub TestCont()
> Dim o As Outlook.Application
> Dim c As ContactItem
>     Set o = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>     Set c = o.CreateItem(olContactItem)
>     c.FirstName = "Santa"
>     c.LastName = "Claus"
>     c.Save
> End Sub

> You need a reference (Tools| References...) to your favorite  Microsoft
> Outlook  x.0 Object Library.

> Hoping it may help,
> Vanderghast, Access MVP

> > Hello,

> > how can I create a contact (in Outlook Express) with
> > "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" ??
> > I tried some things but do not work.

> > Can anybody help me? Has anyone ever done something like this?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Daniela Menneweger
> > Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG
> > http://www.saltware.com

Sat, 29 Nov 2003 20:18:48 GMT
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Hi Michel,

thanks for your help but I really need it in Outlook Express.
I found no solution until today.

Daniela

Quote:
> Hi,

> You can add from Items collection in a particular MAPI folder, or simply
use
> the CreateItem method like below:

> Public Sub TestCont()
> Dim o As Outlook.Application
> Dim c As ContactItem
>     Set o = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>     Set c = o.CreateItem(olContactItem)
>     c.FirstName = "Santa"
>     c.LastName = "Claus"
>     c.Save
> End Sub

> You need a reference (Tools| References...) to your favorite  Microsoft
> Outlook  x.0 Object Library.

> Hoping it may help,
> Vanderghast, Access MVP

> > Hello,

> > how can I create a contact (in Outlook Express) with
> > "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" ??
> > I tried some things but do not work.

> > Can anybody help me? Has anyone ever done something like this?

> > Thanks in advance

> > Daniela Menneweger
> > Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG
> > http://www.saltware.com

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 17:04:41 GMT
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Hi,

Sorry, I step over the "Express" part....  OE doesn't have VBA automation,
or VBA at all, as far as I know. It is like trying to automate NotePad. It
is maybe possible through IE, although... I once saw someone reaching that
list of contacts, in a VB newsgroup (and it is quite impressive to see YOUR
OE contacts (they are not the same as the Outlook ones, in my case) listed
in a news group message), so, maybe it is possible to add a contact in OE
too, with IE, with VBA, but I just don't know how.

Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> Hi Michel,

> thanks for your help but I really need it in Outlook Express.
> I found no solution until today.

> Daniela

> > Hi,

> > You can add from Items collection in a particular MAPI folder, or simply
> use
> > the CreateItem method like below:

> > Public Sub TestCont()
> > Dim o As Outlook.Application
> > Dim c As ContactItem
> >     Set o = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> >     Set c = o.CreateItem(olContactItem)
> >     c.FirstName = "Santa"
> >     c.LastName = "Claus"
> >     c.Save
> > End Sub

> > You need a reference (Tools| References...) to your favorite  Microsoft
> > Outlook  x.0 Object Library.

> > Hoping it may help,
> > Vanderghast, Access MVP

> > > Hello,

> > > how can I create a contact (in Outlook Express) with
> > > "CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" ??
> > > I tried some things but do not work.

> > > Can anybody help me? Has anyone ever done something like this?

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Daniela Menneweger
> > > Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG
> > > http://www.saltware.com

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:13:24 GMT

1. CreateObject("Outlook.Application") problem

2. Problems with Createobject("Outlook.Application")

3. CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

4. CreateObject("Outlook.Application")...

5. CreateObject("Outlook.Application") does not work

6. Bypassing Outlook's Security - using CreateObject("Outlook.application")

7. HELP: CreateObject("Outlook.Application") act like GetObject

8. OL2000 crash on CreateObject("Outlook.Application") - previously working macros

9. why we can not use createobject ("Outlook.Application") inside HTMLBody

10. var OOutlook=WScript.CreateObject("Outlook.Application"); FAILED

11. vbscript / CreateObject("Outlook.Application") does not function

12. CreateObject("Outlook.Application ") does'nt fonction !