MS Access and Outlook
Author Message
 MS Access and Outlook

I'm having trouble with an Access application that makes
call to the Oulook object to create and send emails.  IfI
programmatically send the email message to the Outbox
folder in Outlook, it prompts to allow another program
access to the Outlook application for x minutes.  Is there
a work around for this?  Can I un-install this feature in
Outlook XP?

Thanks in advance,

Juri Kooyman

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:30:43 GMT
 MS Access and Outlook
The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server or HP OpenMail environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

Since it's an application you wrote yourself, you might use one of these approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++ or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your application may trigger. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:

> I'm having trouble with an Access application that makes
> call to the Oulook object to create and send emails.  IfI
> programmatically send the email message to the Outbox
> folder in Outlook, it prompts to allow another program
> access to the Outlook application for x minutes.  Is there
> a work around for this?  Can I un-install this feature in
> Outlook XP?

> Thanks in advance,

> Juri Kooyman

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:36:57 GMT
 MS Access and Outlook
I dont have any answer to your question but i have to
program a acces application thas makes call to outlook
to send a lot of mail automaticly. Can you give me some
short information how to make that... you can send me a

I have access 97...
I just need the call i have to do ...
you can send me the code if you want...

thanks a lot

Quote:

Mon, 02 Aug 2004 23:20:36 GMT

1. MS ACCESS and OUTLOOK

2. Name of control used in MS-Access or Outlook

3. Use VBScript to read data from MS-Access to MS-Outlook

4. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

5. Automatically Emailing Data from MS Access to MS Outlook

6. automation from ms access to ms outlook to do something

7. DDE between MS Access and MS Outlook

8. Print out MS Outlook calendars via VBA WITHIN MS Outlook

9. Linking Access tables to MS Outlook (back and forth)

10. Outlook Contact Items & MS Access

11. Insert MS Access Form into outlook message

12. Linking MS Access table with Outlook 2000 inbox