Error sending report via Access / Outlook Express
Author Message
 Error sending report via Access / Outlook Express

I get an error:  ...can't open a mail session...
Access 97, Outlook Express, works on several machines, but not on this one
particular laptop.
Access reference to Outlook is specified.
Outlook Express works,
Can send from Word, but not from Access.

--
John Hazen
Hazen & Associates

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 06:07:10 GMT
 Error sending report via Access / Outlook Express
John,

Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs, sort of
like Jave and JaveScript.

Perhaps it was just an oversight in your typing, but if Access has a
reference to the Outlook library, it isn't going to recognize OE. (Also,
OE doesn't expose much in the way of programmatic control, so you'll
have a hard time doing much except very basic stuff from Access.)

If you meant to say the Access has a reference to OE, then I'd like to
know how you managed that, as AFAIK, there is no such animal.

Perhaps you should step back and take a short break, then go back and
carefully compare the computers that are working with those that are
not. There's going to be something -- perhaps quite obscure -- but it'll
be there.

Good luck!
--

    National Library of Canada
 -- No Universal, Governmental or National Library of Canada

Quote:

> I get an error:  ...can't open a mail session...
> Access 97, Outlook Express, works on several machines, but not on this
one
> particular laptop.
> Access reference to Outlook is specified.
> Outlook Express works,
> Can send from Word, but not from Access.

> --
> John Hazen
> Hazen & Associates

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:57:32 GMT

1. Sending HTML -or- PLAIN TEXT Email via Outlook Express

2. Sending Email from Excel via Outlook Express

3. Q: Sending email via Outlook Express

4. Sending Access data to Outlook Express

5. outlook express (sending email in access)

6. Accessing Sent Items Folder in Outlook Express

7. Send email with and access Outlook Express inbox???

8. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

9. Sending Faxes via Access/Outlook - NT W/S

10. Sending plain text email via Access 97 and Outlook

11. Access xp sending email via outlook xp

12. Access xp sending email via outlook xp