Word Template Data Pull Help!
Author Message
 Word Template Data Pull Help!

I would like to write a script to pull the values of a
Word template. I have a Word template with 20 fields that
I would like to dump into a database. Any ideas?

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 23:35:50 GMT
 Word Template Data Pull Help!
<Second attempt>- messages might appear twice, previous message not posted.

Eric

Quote:
> I have a Word template with 20 fields that
> I would like to dump into a database. Any ideas?

There are many ways to solve what you are looking for. Some examples:

A) add code to the template which will update the database (SQL-servers,
Access etc) with the data found in each final document. Could involve both
adding and updating data. The database could be updates on Save/Print/Close
etc.
B) save only the contents of the formfield (Tools-Options-Save Data Only For
Forms) and make a script that will read/import the the txt/ini-file into the
database
C) add code to the template which will save the vital information in the
final document's properties or document variables. A procedure in Word or in
another application could pull the data out of the file.
D) add code to the template which adds each new file's information to a
unique text/ini file or to a predefined txt/ini file holding all non-updated
forms. The file would hold many forms' field information and could be used
to update the database/imported to the database.

--
Anna Bohman
Bra Utbildning AB, Sweden

Quote:
> I would like to write a script to pull the values of a
> Word template. I have a Word template with 20 fields that
> I would like to dump into a database. Any ideas?

Sat, 03 Apr 2004 08:06:44 GMT

1. Pulling excel data into an outlook message/template

2. exporting data to a word template

3. Exporting Access Data to a Word Mail-Merge Template

4. Access data to Word Form Template

5. Putting SQLServer Data into Word template in the backend

6. Putting SQLServer Data into Word template in the backend

7. Pulling Code from outside the template

8. "blowing" outlook data into word template

9. Insert Form Data into Word Doc / template

10. Insert data into a Word template from ASP page

11. write data to word template

12. writing data to the word template