Acc97: Reading last record in a table
Author Message
 Acc97: Reading last record in a table

What is the quickest way in Access 97 to read the last record in a
table. I know of the MoveLast method, but I am looking for something
that would be faster in a large table.

If it helps, the table has a key which is an Autonumber field.

Thanks.
------------------
Denny Pasternak
FDC - Teleservices
Omaha, NE

Thu, 04 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Acc97: Reading last record in a table
SELECT TOP 1 * FROM MyTable ORDER BY ID DESC;

Quote:

--
Perth, Western Australia
Tips for MS Access users at:

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy Record from Table 1 to Table 2 - Acc97 - VBA

2. Export of last record in table into file

3. How to write SQL select (LAST record from a table)

4. Quickest way to get last record in table?

5. Acc97 - Merging Multiple Records into a Single Record

6. Eliminate records of one table based on another table record count

7. need something like foreach record in table - add record to another table

8. Copy fields from record in table A to record in table B using VBA

9. Help: retrieve LAST record on database of 50.000 record

10. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

11. Plz Forgive Xpost- Help Defining, reading Access table records sequential for processing

12. Reading All records in a TABLE