Ability to copy folder from pst file and place it on Harddrive
Author Message
 Ability to copy folder from pst file and place it on Harddrive

Good day,

Is there a way to have in Outlook 2000, the ability to select a folder that
was created in the PST file, copy it to another location(with all emails and
structure) on the hard drive. I know you can export to another pst file, but
this isn't going to work for us. The pst files seems to get awfully large
and won't fit on a CD. Also, we need easy access to the messages.

I know you can select all message in a directory then copy then into another
folder on the hard drive. The idea is to have the users create a folder in
there pst file and have them copy that folder over to a network drive for
placement to a CD.

Any info would be appreciated,

Ronald Mckerral

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:40:47 GMT
 Ability to copy folder from pst file and place it on Harddrive
An Outlook folder can't exist on its own, apart from a PST file or
Exchange mailbox. You could export all the contents of a folder to
.MSG items or to another PST file. If your PST files are routinely so
large they won't fit on a CD then your users need to start using
archiving. In addition, since Outlook requires read/write access to a
PST file you can't open one from a CD. Also, if you are using Exchange
you shouldn't be using PST files at all. In an Exchange context PST =
evil.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Good day,

> Is there a way to have in Outlook 2000, the ability to select a
folder that
> was created in the PST file, copy it to another location(with all
emails and
> structure) on the hard drive. I know you can export to another pst
file, but
> this isn't going to work for us. The pst files seems to get awfully
large
> and won't fit on a CD. Also, we need easy access to the messages.

> I know you can select all message in a directory then copy then into
another
> folder on the hard drive. The idea is to have the users create a
folder in
> there pst file and have them copy that folder over to a network
drive for
> placement to a CD.

> Any info would be appreciated,

> Ronald Mckerral

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:06:54 GMT

1. Copy a file in a folder and past the copy in another folder

2. Determining if a folder is a local pst folder or a imap (server folder)

3. Programatically export contacts folder to pst file

4. delete items in DeletedItems Folder of self added .pst file

5. Finding the path of the Personal Folders .pst file programmatically

6. How to open a Contact folder in a PST file

7. restore PST files into public folder

8. Copy outlook.pst file on closing outlook

9. copy folder and copy files

10. Copy the files and sub folders to another folder

11. Dialog to Pick Harddrive Folder for Save

12. better way to copy a cd to harddrive