Custom Property changes in Custom Outlook Form
Author Message
 Custom Property changes in Custom Outlook Form

Hi there,

I'm trying to create a custom Outlook form that will throw
up a message box when the user chooses one option from a
drop down list.
I have tried the suggested method (from slipstick.com) of
using a case statement, but can't get it to work at all...
I have also tried doing a Conditional statement - and this
works to some degree...I get the correct message boxes
when I change the custom property - but if I change any of
the custom properties on the same page I get one of the
message boxes displaying again!

I've tried referring to the custom property using the
field name and also using the name of the combobox - but
neither works.

I  have been playing around with a wee test form with two
combo boxes - here's the code I've been trying:

'Sub Item_CustomPropertyChange(ByVal cb1)

'Set MyPage=Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
'fieldchange = MyPage.cb1.Value

'If fieldchange = "No" then
'   MsgBox "No sir I don't think so"
'Else
'       MsgBox "Yup yup yup"

'End if
'End Sub

Sub Item_CustomPropertyChange(ByVal fieldselect)

Set MyPage=Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("Message")
fieldchange = MyPage.fieldselect.Value

Select case fieldselect
        Case "No"
                MsgBox "No sir I don't think so"
        Case "Yes"
                MsgBox "Yup yup yup"
End Select

End Sub

The combobox I want to monitor's name is "cb1", and its
field name is "fieldselect" - so you can see that I have
tried both.....anyone with any ideas will be onto a penny
caramel!!!

Cheers!

Lor

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:45:31 GMT

1. My ActiveX Control loses its member property when attached to a custom Outlook Contact Form

2. Outlook 2000: Custom form - read page keeps asking for save changes

3. how to get custom form and send custom form from VB

4. need to call a VBA user form from an outlook custom form

5. create custom icon,custom combobox in custom toolbar

6. create custom icon,custom combobox(to insert values)in custom toolbar

7. Recurring-event Custom Meeting Forms Don't save custom fields

8. Setting values to Custom Fields on Custom Forms

9. Custom Field Value Lists on Custom Forms

10. Custom Fields in Custom Forms

11. changing custom properties

12. Changing Custom Properties values