Editing a Library module (A2000)
Author Message
 Editing a Library module (A2000)

I have been trying to edit a module in a library (.mda) module, accessing
it from the VBA editor (started from a main MDB file).
It appeared to accept the change and the change took effect.  But when I
next started up the main MDB file, the change to the MDA was lost.

I found this a real pain - what is the correct way of editing a module in
an MDA?
--
Andrew Black

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing a Library module (A2000)
it's by design. Sorry, I'm not aware og a workarond.

Quote:
> I have been trying to edit a module in a library (.mda) module, accessing
> it from the VBA editor (started from a main MDB file).
> It appeared to accept the change and the change took effect.  But when I
> next started up the main MDB file, the change to the MDA was lost.

> I found this a real pain - what is the correct way of editing a module in
> an MDA?
> --
> Andrew Black

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing a Library module (A2000)

Quote:

>I have been trying to edit a module in a library (.mda) module, accessing
>it from the VBA editor (started from a main MDB file).
>It appeared to accept the change and the change took effect.  But when I
>next started up the main MDB file, the change to the MDA was lost.

>I found this a real pain - what is the correct way of editing a module in
>an MDA?

Have you tried opening up the MDA directly?  Seperately from the
instance of Access on the main MDB file?

Tony
----
Message posted to newsgroup and, if appropriate, emailed.
Tony Toews, Independent Computer Consultant
   http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
   thousands of volunteers for special events.

Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. A2000 Modules not secured my user-lever security anymore

2. VBA Module Limit in A2000

3. Edit / change module witin module

4. Library module updates under W2K

5. Using class modules in a code library

6. Module libraries not found

7. Code Library and Class Modules

8. Useing Class modules in Library mda

9. libraries, modules for vbs

10. Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

11. Help: Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

12. Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library