Can UserForms work with ADO DataCombo?
Author Message
 Can UserForms work with ADO DataCombo?

I'm trying to use a UserForm to select data from an Access 2000 .mdb file to
insert into a word doc.

I've used Tools | Additional controls to add the Microsoft ADO Data Control
and DataCombo to the toolbox, both being version 6.0 (OLEDB)

After placing on the UserForm and setting the ConnectionString and
RecordSource properties, the adodc1 seems to work ok, at least the test
connection succeeds, and the RecordSource prompts with the available table
contents.  Great so far...

However, when I try to bind the DataCombo to the adodc1, there is no
DataSource property shown.

The only properties under the Data category are BoundColumn, ListField, and
RowMember.

I tried repeating all the above within VB6 on a form, rather than a Word
UserForm, and it can work there.  Additional properties are shown for the
DataCombo, and in particular it now has a DataSource and a DataField.  It
works when the DataSource is set to the adodc1, and the DataField set to one
of the prompted table contents.

So, it works on a vb6 form, but not on a Word UserForm.

I'd appreciate some help if anybody knows how to get around this.

Tony

Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:42:36 GMT
 Can UserForms work with ADO DataCombo?
I've used the Sheridan grid control, not the DataCombo - the datasource
property was not available at design-time, I had to set it at run-time: Set
Grid.DataSource=ADOdc1

Hope that helps

Quote:
> I'm trying to use a UserForm to select data from an Access 2000 .mdb file
> insert into a word doc.

> I've used Tools | Additional controls to add the Microsoft ADO Data
Control
> and DataCombo to the toolbox, both being version 6.0 (OLEDB)

> After placing on the UserForm and setting the ConnectionString and
> RecordSource properties, the adodc1 seems to work ok, at least the test
> connection succeeds, and the RecordSource prompts with the available table
> contents.  Great so far...

> However, when I try to bind the DataCombo to the adodc1, there is no
> DataSource property shown.

> The only properties under the Data category are BoundColumn, ListField,
and
> RowMember.

> I tried repeating all the above within VB6 on a form, rather than a Word
> UserForm, and it can work there.  Additional properties are shown for the
> DataCombo, and in particular it now has a DataSource and a DataField.  It
> works when the DataSource is set to the adodc1, and the DataField set to
one
> of the prompted table contents.

> So, it works on a vb6 form, but not on a Word UserForm.

> I'd appreciate some help if anybody knows how to get around this.

> Tony

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Working with UserForms without Office

2. DataCombo.refill does not work

3. DataCombo.list(x) not working...

4. Filter is not working on datacombo or datalist

5. KeyDown Event of Form Not working when Datacombo Control got focus

6. DataCombos working together

7. Match in DataCombo doesn't work properly

8. ADO DataCombo

9. Navigating through Recordsets using DataCombo (ADO)

10. ADO DataCombo VB6.0

11. ADO Recordsets and DataCombos

12. Moving ADO dataset with datacombo