Running Word Macro in Access
Author Message
 Running Word Macro in Access

Whats the best way to run a Word97 macro on a document, from Access 97?  I should have access to the Office VBA, but I have yet to find out how.

Dan

Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:05:04 GMT
 Running Word Macro in Access
Dan,
You can accomplish this in the following way:
1.  Create a macro
2.  Choose RunApp
3.  In the Command line type the path to run Word
    (winword.exe) -- depends on which operating system
    you are running and append to the end of it a space
    followed by /mrunme

example: Running Win 98 and I want to execute a macro
    named "extractdata"
C:\winword.exe Filename /mextractdata

Note:  If you have any autexec macros attached to the file
or normal template, they will be disabled.  Also, it has
been my experience that spaces in the file name don't work
out too well.

Chris

Quote:

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:02:09 GMT

1. Run word macro from Access module code

2. How to run Word macro from Access?

3. Run Word Macro from Access

4. Running Macros on Word OLE objects in Access

5. Word Macro runs then gets Macro Not Found

6. Word Macro runs then gets Macro Not Found

7. Running a word Macro & an excel macro

8. My Word 97 macros don't run in Word 2000

9. Word 2000 macro running under Word 97

10. Word 97 Macros > Word XP Macros

11. New instance of word every time macro runs?

12. Running a macro with arguments on Word 2000 startup