Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help 
Author Message
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
for example are not recognized.

I appreciate any help on this matter.

Yoram Accri.



Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

You are losing a reference in your distributed application.

Thebest way arounfd this is to maintain exactly the same directory structure
on your development machine as will appear on th etartget machine.

Quote:

>When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
>are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
>for example are not recognized.

>I appreciate any help on this matter.

>Yoram Accri.



Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

I've had the symptoms of lost references, but the References dialog doesn't
report that any are missing. I shudder to think what I'd do if I was sealing
with a run-time situation...

Adam



Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

Yoram Accri,
looks like you have some missed references in your run-time enviroment.
Check, do you use all references, used in your application. for example, it
can be a refference to activex control library, and you didn't include this
activex into your runtime setup set.
HTH
Best regards,
___________
Alex Dybenko
Point Limited

Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5091/
Moscow MS Access User Group, chairman
http://www.arimsoft.ru/msaccess

Quote:

>When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
>are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
>for example are not recognized.

>I appreciate any help on this matter.

>Yoram Accri.



Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

Yoram,

I also had the same problem, and was not able to find the solution. I
worked around the problem (regarding a Mid() function) by using a different
method of extracting the data I needed in a query. However, if you find the
solution, I would love to hear from you as to what you found out.

Regards,

Tom Clawges
http://www.tecengineering.com



Quote:
> When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
> are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
> for example are not recognized.

> I appreciate any help on this matter.

> Yoram Accri.



Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help



Quote:
> Yoram,

> I also had the same problem, and was not able to find the solution. I
> worked around the problem (regarding a Mid() function) by using a different
> method of extracting the data I needed in a query. However, if you find the
> solution, I would love to hear from you as to what you found out.

> Regards,

> Tom Clawges
> http://www.tecengineering.com



> > When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions

> > are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()

> > for example are not recognized.

> > I appreciate any help on this matter.

> > Yoram Accri.

--
Well, I found the solution.

I built a new database and imported all the objects from the old
database.

Not only that the run-time version runs fine now, but the database size
decreased from 5Mb to less than 4Mb. And yes ..., the old database was
already repaired&compacted.

I guess that there is a bug in the repair utility that can't fix it

Thanks for all who tried to help

Yoram Accri




Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

Yoram,
no magic, no bugs.
when you import all obects to a new DB, you remove all references, except 3
- VBA, Access, DAO
About size - after some time working with DB, the size become back 5 MB,
don't worry about this, no problem

--
Best regards,
___________
Alex Dybenko
Point Limited

Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5091/
Moscow MS Access User Group, chairman
http://www.arimsoft.ru/msaccess

Quote:
> Well, I found the solution.

> I built a new database and imported all the objects from the old
> database.

> Not only that the run-time version runs fine now, but the database size
> decreased from 5Mb to less than 4Mb. And yes ..., the old database was
> already repaired&compacted.

> I guess that there is a bug in the repair utility that can't fix it

> Thanks for all who tried to help

> Yoram Accri





Sun, 30 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help



Quote:
> When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
> are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
> for example are not recognized.

> I appreciate any help on this matter.

> Yoram Accri.

I have seen this happen many times. The main culprit is usually
COMCAT32.OCX or COMCAT32.DLL.   These files are widely used, unfortunately
the folks at Microsoft have lots of version control problems with these two
files.  Every time they put out a new product, I have this problem. My best
advice is to keep a copy of these files in a directory other than the
System or System32 directory, and point your references to your own copies.

Hope this helps



Mon, 01 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

Also a good idea to get the latest update of Microsoft Jet 3.5 database
engine.
http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/3/09.asp  says:

"Install the updated version of Microsoft Jet 3.5; this version of the Jet
database engine is more recent than that included in the Microsoft Office
97 Service Release 1 (SR-1) Patch."

You can download the file from Microsoft's site or read this article
http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q172/7/33.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/Jet35upd.exe

hth, John



Quote:
> When distributing applications (Access97), some access internal functions
> are not recognized by computers that have only run-time. Date() and Mid()
> for example are not recognized.

> I appreciate any help on this matter.

> Yoram Accri.



Sat, 06 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. unrecognized database format (Microsoft Access 2000) run time error

2. unrecognized database format (Microsoft Access 2000) run time error

3. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

4. Time Function, Help, Please

5. Need help -Run time function error

6. Run-Time Error 3197 - please help its driving me insane

7. run-time, please help me

8. run-time, please help me

9. Please help: run-time error 3014-can't open any more tables

10. Experts, please help with Run-time Errors!

11. Help please - VB6 - StartUpPosition in run time

12. Run Time Error 20504 - URGENT Please help

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software