my search-loop problem boiled down to its essence
Author Message
 my search-loop problem boiled down to its essence

Here's my question in a nutshell:
I'm doing a search that looks something like this--

With Selection.Find
       .Text = "(d)"

**********************

What I need to know is what value is returned if the "(d)"
is not found? I've tried:

Selection.Find.Text = false  [it doesn't work]
 and I've tried
Selection.Find.Text = Null [it doesn't work]

*********************

Does anyone know what value results when a search comes up
negative?
THANKS.
Mark

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:12:19 GMT
 my search-loop problem boiled down to its essence
Hi Mark,

Try
If Selection.Find.Found then

HTH

Quote:
> Here's my question in a nutshell:
> I'm doing a search that looks something like this--

> With Selection.Find
>        .Text = "(d)"

> **********************

> What I need to know is what value is returned if the "(d)"
> is not found? I've tried:

> Selection.Find.Text = false  [it doesn't work]
>  and I've tried
> Selection.Find.Text = Null [it doesn't work]

> *********************

> Does anyone know what value results when a search comes up
> negative?
> THANKS.
> Mark

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:00:05 GMT
 my search-loop problem boiled down to its essence
Thanks, Dave. I think that's got me headed in the right
direction. I appreciate your time.

Mark

Quote:

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 02:31:31 GMT

1. Time is of the essence

2. Suggestion for tracking down infinite loop on release only

3. Sendkeys slowing down as a loop grows?

4. Shutting down application whilst do...loop is running

5. Loop counting minutes down

6. Shutting down application whilst do...loop is running

7. MOUSE DOWN event loop

8. Loop search, do something, stop at end

9. Searching a directory, was Loop with files

10. combobox with a search string to procude a drop down

11. search drop down

12. Use Drop-Downs as Search Criteria, retain the value after the page refresh