open report in design view without showing on screen
Author Message
 open report in design view without showing on screen

Hello,

I have built some code that opens a report in design view, makes changes to
print settings, and then saves and closes the report.

The draw back is that the report flashes on the screen.  I would like to
keep the report from flashing on the screen like this.  Is there a way?

Thanks in advance.

Randy Danielson

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 open report in design view without showing on screen
There is no supported way to open a report hidden... the best you can do is
turn echo off (via  Docmd.Echo) and turn it on again when you are done.

Michael

Quote:
> Hello,

> I have built some code that opens a report in design view, makes changes
> print settings, and then saves and closes the report.

> The draw back is that the report flashes on the screen.  I would like to
> keep the report from flashing on the screen like this.  Is there a way?

> Thanks in advance.

> Randy Danielson

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 open report in design view without showing on screen
Randy
Try surrounding the code in
Application.Echo False
Your code.............
Application.Echo True
hope this helps
James
Quote:

> Hello,

> I have built some code that opens a report in design view, makes changes to
> print settings, and then saves and closes the report.

> The draw back is that the report flashes on the screen.  I would like to
> keep the report from flashing on the screen like this.  Is there a way?

> Thanks in advance.

> Randy Danielson

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 open report in design view without showing on screen

Quote:
> I have built some code that opens a report in design view, makes changes to
> print settings, and then saves and closes the report.

> The draw back is that the report flashes on the screen.  I would like to
> keep the report from flashing on the screen like this.  Is there a way?

You can use DoCmd.Echo False/True around the code, but that doesn't
completely do it. If you want to COMPLETELY hide the behavior, you'll
need to also use a WIndows API to turn off screen updates while you're
doing your work. Problem is, if you left the property window or field
list window visible when you were designing your report, they pop up and
are visible for a brief moment even with echo turned off. This has bugged
me since Access 2, but it still happens (in Access 2000, as well).

-- Ken

Sat, 01 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 / Access - Error 2202 (No Printer Installed) When Opening Report in Design View

2. Can't open VB.NET form in design view (only get code view)

3. View a Report without Crystal Report installed ?

4. Creating a report as PDF directly without showing the report

5. Error Messag ehen opening an SQL query in Design View

6. Code to open table in design view

7. Opens in design view

8. Invalid URL error when trying to open web form in design view

9. Urgent help - Error while opening Form design view on MS Visual Basic.Net

10. Out of memory error when opening form in design view

11. Finding out if a report is in Design view or Print preview

12. Reports design View