query update
Author Message
 query update

Is it possible for a query to update two fields on a form?

I currently use a query that has 2 values AppName and AppID, for the
Data Source property for one field.

I want to update the corrosponding AppID to be updated in another
field when the AppName is selected.

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:09:57 GMT
 query update

Quote:
>Is it possible for a query to update two fields on a form?

No, because it's not possible for a Query to update ANYTHING on a
form. A Form is just a window. A Query can update a Table, but a Table
is not a Form.

>I currently use a query that has 2 values AppName and AppID, for the
>Data Source property for one field.

>I want to update the corrosponding AppID to be updated in another
>field when the AppName is selected.

Are you trying to store both the AppName and the AppID in a second
table? If so, don't; just store the AppID. Use a Combo Box bound to
the AppID but showing the AppName.

                  John W. Vinson[MVP]
    Come for live chats every Tuesday and Thursday
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 02:32:39 GMT

1. Dialog box displayed during query insert or query update

2. Pb with Query update in VBA code !!!

3. Databound Grid and Query : update problem

4. ADO queries update problem

5. STRANGE ADO queries update and delete problems

6. Web query updating in VBA

7. Data Enviornment Child Command Query Update

8. Query updates after recordset changes

9. VB6,Access97,ADO - Update query doesn't update all records

10. UPDATE query not updating records

11. Update query using joined query as source

12. Update query problem