Built-In Functions Produce Error
Author Message
 Built-In Functions Produce Error

Ran into a problem when using the Date(), Left(), or Right() functions in
either a query or code when LOGGED into Access through Access security.  The
functions exist in the VBA Object Library and can be seen using the Object
Browser.  The check box is checked in the Reference window.  But for some
reason, they return errors when trying to use them in a query or in code.
What's wrong?
It is not database-related but seems to be security-related.  The
expressions don't work when logged into the specific databases.  On the same
computer, open a database (and Access) without having to log in and the
functions work fine.
The error I get for Date() is "?Name" and in a query the error I get for
Left() or Right() is #Error.
Is there something with Access security that makes some of the functions not
work?  I assume that the Object Library that holds these functions are
located in the VBA folder and everything seems to be loaded fine.
Any suggestions?

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Built-In Functions Produce Error

got to see some code kimo

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Built-In Functions Produce Error
Ron,
    The most common cause of this is problem is a broken reference in the db
that contains the code. Open the problem database and the debug window or a
module. Go to the Tools...References menu. If one of the elements says
MISSING then there is your problem.

    This can also be caused when the mdb is referencing another mdb as a
library and security is giving the user rights to open the main db, but not
the library. Under this scenario, the reference is broken even though the
library exists in the specified directory.

Doug

Quote:
> Ran into a problem when using the Date(), Left(), or Right() functions in
> either a query or code when LOGGED into Access through Access security.
The
> functions exist in the VBA Object Library and can be seen using the Object
> Browser.  The check box is checked in the Reference window.  But for some
> reason, they return errors when trying to use them in a query or in code.
> What's wrong?
> It is not database-related but seems to be security-related.  The
> expressions don't work when logged into the specific databases.  On the
same
> computer, open a database (and Access) without having to log in and the
> functions work fine.
> The error I get for Date() is "?Name" and in a query the error I get for
> Left() or Right() is #Error.
> Is there something with Access security that makes some of the functions
not
> work?  I assume that the Object Library that holds these functions are
> located in the VBA folder and everything seems to be loaded fine.
> Any suggestions?

Thu, 28 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Built-In Functions Produce Error
I've seen this plenty of times.

Go to References, and check for broken (Missing) entrys.

If no entrys is flagged as "Missing", then remove _all_ references you are
allowed to remove (remember them), close References, Reopen References, and
add all the entrys you just removed.

Philip Hoppe

Quote:
> Ran into a problem when using the Date(), Left(), or Right() functions in
> either a query or code when LOGGED into Access through Access security.
The
> functions exist in the VBA Object Library and can be seen using the Object
> Browser.  The check box is checked in the Reference window.  But for some
> reason, they return errors when trying to use them in a query or in code.
> What's wrong?
> It is not database-related but seems to be security-related.  The
> expressions don't work when logged into the specific databases.  On the
same
> computer, open a database (and Access) without having to log in and the
> functions work fine.
> The error I get for Date() is "?Name" and in a query the error I get for
> Left() or Right() is #Error.
> Is there something with Access security that makes some of the functions
not
> work?  I assume that the Object Library that holds these functions are
> located in the VBA folder and everything seems to be loaded fine.
> Any suggestions?

Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. API Function Calls produce run-time overflow error

2. DAO error 3085 - with BUILT-IN FUNCTIONS

3. StrConv function produces rubbish !

4. producing calculus functions in VB3

5. Windows XP produced errors

6. OpenRecordset produces Type Mismatch Error

7. Inheriting Text Property Produces Error

8. Empty field in Access table produces Datareport error

9. Executing query produces an OLE error

10. Error 70 produced by creation of a work space

11. RDO-connection-methode produces API-error IM006

12. Why does this produce an overflow error?