ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?
Author Message
 ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?

I have a function within a module that is checking if a user exists in a
particular group.  I expect to get an error when the user does not exist so
I place an On Error Resume Next statement at the top of the function.
Unfortunately the error still generates an error window.  Any ideas?

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?
Resume next does not mean resume next record, it means, resume at the next line
of code.   Without seeing your code, it is impossible to determine what is
causing the error.
Quote:
>Subject: ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?

>Date: 11/30/00 11:58 AM Pacific Standard Time

>I have a function within a module that is checking if a user exists in a
>particular group.  I expect to get an error when the user does not exist so
>I place an On Error Resume Next statement at the top of the function.
>Unfortunately the error still generates an error window.  Any ideas?

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?
Maybe you have "break on all errors" selected? Or "break in class module" if
the error is happening in a form (or standard class module).

Adam

Quote:
> I have a function within a module that is checking if a user exists in a
> particular group.  I expect to get an error when the user does not exist
so
> I place an On Error Resume Next statement at the top of the function.
> Unfortunately the error still generates an error window.  Any ideas?

Thu, 22 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Failure: On Error Resume Next

2. On local error resume next Vs on error resuem next

3. Resume Next failure

4. Resume Next failure

5. On Error Resume Next (but Only with Specific Error, like Err.Number = 70)

6. cmd.Errors.Count Not Working (On Error Resume Next)

7. Runtime error(3012): On error resume next

8. Wish List Vote: Resume and Resume Next in Try blocks

9. On Error Resume Next being ignored

10. Problem with On Error Resume Next in a converted database

11. On Error Resume Next has no effect

12. Resume Next doesn't trap error