Code Signing VBA code and timestamping?
Author Message
 Code Signing VBA code and timestamping?

Does anyone have an example of TimeStamping a VBA macro? Is the SignCode
program used at a DOS prompt to do the TimeStamping?  The code signing from
Word 2002 is easy enough, but the TimeStamping isn't really documented to
well.

This is what I have gathered from VERISIGN and THAWTE, but I haven't tried
it yet..(I don't have a valid Class 3 certificate on this PC yet)

SignCode -t http://www.*-*-*.com/

would that work assuming macro.dot was already digitally signed within Word
2002? The -x flag is supposed to be for an existing file that was signed.

Thanks

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 10:24:12 GMT
 Code Signing VBA code and timestamping?
Hi Tibs,

Quote:
> Does anyone have an example of TimeStamping a VBA macro? Is the SignCode
> program used at a DOS prompt to do the TimeStamping?  The code signing from
> Word 2002 is easy enough, but the TimeStamping isn't really documented to
> well.

> This is what I have gathered from VERISIGN and THAWTE, but I haven't tried
> it yet..(I don't have a valid Class 3 certificate on this PC yet)

> SignCode -t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll -x Macro.dot

> would that work assuming macro.dot was already digitally signed within Word
> 2002? The -x flag is supposed to be for an existing file that was signed.

There is an Office Macro Security White Paper on the MS web site that shows
how to timestamp a VBA project.  I'm not sure where it is, but try
http://msdn.microsoft.com or http://office.microsoft.com.

 Regards

 Stephen Bullen
 Microsoft MVP - Excel
 http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk or http://208.49.24.208

Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:34:08 GMT
 Code Signing VBA code and timestamping?
Thank you, I found it.

Quote:

> There is an Office Macro Security White Paper on the MS web site that
shows
> how to timestamp a VBA project.  I'm not sure where it is, but try
> http://msdn.microsoft.com or http://office.microsoft.com.

>  Regards

>  Stephen Bullen
>  Microsoft MVP - Excel
>  http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk or http://208.49.24.208

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:29:37 GMT

1. Protect VBA code through code.

2. speed of DAO code vs VBA code

3. VBA Code for Selecting Header and Updating Fields Codes

4. VBA code to VB.Net code

5. Translating FORTRAN code into VBA code

6. VB code vs VBA code

7. How to code sign Office documents with Verisign SPC code-signing certificate?

8. Code Signing

9. code signing tool

10. code signing cert

11. Code Signing Problems for Word 2000/2002

12. Source Code Digital sign