2 how-to questions
Author Message
 2 how-to questions

Hi all,

I have two very specific "how-to" questions:

1) How to add an action (to appear in the context menu of an item) for all
items of a
certain type (e.g. ContactItem, ApointmentItem)

2) How to programmatically go to, in the current Explorer's View, to some
shortcut target. Goal: goto a WEB URL without opening a separate IE window.
View the WEB site in Outlook.

Thanks a lot,
Borislav

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:40:08 GMT
 2 how-to questions
1. You can't do it. The context menu can't be modified.

2. Use the WebViewOn and WebViewURL properties of the MAPIFolder that
is displayed in the Explorer to do that. You may also want to use the
WebViewAllowNavigation property, check that one out too. Remember
though to reset those properties later, so the user can view the
folder normally.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I have two very specific "how-to" questions:

> 1) How to add an action (to appear in the context menu of an item)
for all
> items of a
> certain type (e.g. ContactItem, ApointmentItem)

> 2) How to programmatically go to, in the current Explorer's View, to
some
> shortcut target. Goal: goto a WEB URL without opening a separate IE
window.
> View the WEB site in Outlook.

> Thanks a lot,
> Borislav

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:44:53 GMT

1. questions,questions,questions.

2. Atten: Larry Serflaten - Re: Dictionary Questions, Questions, Questions

3. Questions!Questions!Questions

4. Questions Questions Questions

5. HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION

6. Newbie HowTo Question...

7. RegEx howto question

8. ComboBox HowTo-Questions

9. 2 questions: Code doesn't work when I split database and Seek/Index question

10. FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - March posting

11. FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions - vba - please read before posting questions - unofficial February posting

12. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions - vba - Please read before posting questions - unofficial - Jan 2003 posting